• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any other Xterra guys on here?? Body Lift Time

Okay, change of plans. I have been able to put together a decent amount of cash up until now, so I will be saving for this kit next. I'm pretty stoked about it. It has pretty much everything that I am wanting to do to the suspension in one shot. Just have to add some cam bolts, and replace the worn stock leaf packs. I figure that I have enough tire life left to leave them on for now. New tires will be added with the X'mas bonus, or worst case the tax returns. :D

i58.tinypic.com_s119if.jpg

Okay, change of plans. I have been able to put together a decent amount of cash up until now, so I will be saving for this kit next. I'm pretty stoked about it. It has pretty much everything that I am wanting to do to the suspension in one shot. Just have to add some cam bolts, and replace the worn stock leaf packs. I figure that I have enough tire life left to leave them on for now. New tires will be added with the X'mas bonus, or worst case the tax returns. :D

i58.tinypic.com_s119if.jpg
Very nice! Make sure you get cam bolts because you will need an alignment after. The stock bolts don't allow you to get enough adjustment to get a good alignment.

Last edited:
I found some time to get my gal's 2 inch suspension lift on this past weekend. The tires are 285's Good year MTR's. The older style. Got all 4 for $280 and 2 of them are brand new and the other 2 have more than 75% left.
it's an 05 xterra offroad edition named "Malcolm" for obvious reasons haha.

Poser shot haha and if you look closely you can kinda see my 4runner in there and my snowmobile on the other side trying to photobomb haha
i57.tinypic.com_2lx6ni1.jpg

i58.tinypic.com_jv6dly.jpg

i58.tinypic.com_2coifm1.jpg

Yes it does. Makes me rethink the brand of tire I want.

Those are the old style mtr's. The new ones look different but you can get the same tire from treadwright. https://www.treadwright.com/tire-tread/guard-dog or just search craigslist.
Im not on any xterra forums. I'm a Toyota guy. This is just my GF's car and she wanted it to look a lil more aggressive and her bday was coming up so this was the result, but I will say I have been very impressed with her ride and I'm fond of her selectable rear locker. Does anyone have a good link to the melt mod. It has only rubbed when she took a wide long corner at some speed but I'd just rather get it out of the way just in case it rubs more during full travel. And did larger tires mess with your ABS any or the "slip light?" that sometimes comes on when you loose traction?
Thanks for the kind words. She's happy with it.
-Alan

Those are the old style mtr's. The new ones look different but you can get the same tire from treadwright. https://www.treadwright.com/tire-tread/guard-dog or just search craigslist.
Im not on any xterra forums. I'm a Toyota guy. This is just my GF's car and she wanted it to look a lil more aggressive and her bday was coming up so this was the result, but I will say I have been very impressed with her ride and I'm fond of her selectable rear locker. Does anyone have a good link to the melt mod. It has only rubbed when she took a wide long corner at some speed but I'd just rather get it out of the way just in case it rubs more during full travel. And did larger tires mess with your ABS any or the "slip light?" that sometimes comes on when you loose traction?
Thanks for the kind words. She's happy with it.
-Alan

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1346&highlight=melt+mod

Back
Top Bottom