• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any other bluegrass junkies out there?

Love me some picking..one of my favorite bumper stickers is "my grass is blue " I also enjoy the "picking on" series. Bluegrass covers of bands greatest hits. No lyrics, just picking and grinning the

Mmm.....Instrumentals. Remington Ride, Hard Times, Dear Old Dixie, dueling Banjos, Black Mountain Rag.....

Your message reminds me of home and all the festivals where i learned to play. Heck, we may be kindred spirits. I wanted to be George Shuffler and learn to crosspick like he did on the Stanley brothers records, or Doc Watson with that rythm he could get from two fingered rolls. Tried and tried to pick like Tony Rice but never could get that down. Ended up learning to hold the pocket and keep that tight rythm strum for others to flatpick to. I'm in for a porch pickin'. Have strings, will travel.......

That's what Del McCoury and every picker before Clarence White does.

That was freaking awesome! Especially when he got to feeling it and had to shake a leg! I love bluegrass. It's always in my rotation. I listen to a lot of different types of music, but bluegrass makes me feel good!
Ive been lucky enough to see Doc Watson 4 times and it blew me away every time, that man was the master of the guitar!

Ive been lucky enough to see Doc Watson 4 times and it blew me away every time, that man was the master of the guitar!

That's special man. Nobody picks it like the old timers.

I really like Tim Stafford. He has a great style. Used to be with Allison Kraus and Union Station. Now in Blue Highway. Solo album "Endless Line" is a good one.

Back
Top Bottom