• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one ever find a gun they forgot they bought?

I wish. I have a list of guns I have to update so my insurance will cover them if something happens. So no, I can account for any gun I own.

I have a few in the "trade/sell" stable. I don't list those on my insurance. My insurance agent is a nice guy,but I don't want to see him every week.

As far as this comment "The moment I can't account for a firearm is the moment I need to give up the collection". You just don't have enough to forget one. :cool:

several times... I had a very large collection of firearms for quite a while. I basically would go to shoot, pick up a rifle and then be like "what the hell is that? I completely forgot I had that"

I have since condensed my firearms to less than 10 which are all used monthly. Unless it is something that will be sure to go up in value... I hate having a bunch of guns that never get used.

several times... I had a very large collection of firearms for quite a while. I basically would go to shoot, pick up a rifle and then be like "what the hell is that? I completely forgot I had that"

I have since condensed my firearms to less than 10 which are all used monthly. Unless it is something that will be sure to go up in value... I hate having a bunch of guns that never get used.
Just began cutting down my collection as well. consolidate to just a few calibers and only keep as many as you can use practically. Hard to resist the urge to buy or trade for something cool, but ammo prices have been keeping me in check as of late.

Forget, maybe. That's a part of being old.
Loose track of? Never. Record keeping is vital.
I may not be able to tell you everything in the safe from memory but it is in my documentation.

do you need more? I kid of course you need your summer guns, winter guns, range guns, tactical guns, etc....

As far as this comment "The moment I can't account for a firearm is the moment I need to give up the collection". You just don't have enough to forget one. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, no matter how many I have, it will never be enough! ;)

I started this thread in order to simply express what a nice find it is when going through the safe and tell of how how it is to find a "new" gun in the safe and have fun. I was light hearted......Till you pulled the first insult.

I don't keep a gun in the couch for the kids to have access to.I don't know what your household is like? But I know mine.

When I was single,yep Guns all over the house. Now,married with kids..no. They are secure!

Not wanting to fuss,but you did **** on my thread.

I have done it couple of times. The reason is that I keep a couple at parents house for them and I keep some old guns at my grandfathers in case I decide to do some shooting while I'm there.

I started this thread in order to simply express what a nice find it is when going through the safe and tell of how how it is to find a "new" gun in the safe and have fun. I was light hearted......Till you pulled the first insult.

I don't keep a gun in the couch for the kids to have access to.I don't know what your household is like? But I know mine.

When I was single,yep Guns all over the house. Now,married with kids..no. They are secure!

Not wanting to fuss,but you did **** on my thread.

No **** intended. Sorry if you took my comment that way, I meant no disrespect. Just my thoughts of my collection.

Back
Top Bottom