• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one ever find a gun they forgot they bought?

Mikey394

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
93   0
Reaction score
While searching the "closet of death" as my wife likes to call it.I came upon a glimmering sight. An older Remington 870, sitting there all alone,in the corner, as if saying "you forgot me"..

In fact I had. I traded for this one a few years ago as a project gun. I totally forgot it was there.It's just an older 870 Wingmaster field gun.

Then again when I was moving a few years ago I "discovered" a M91/30 behind a closet door.

Dang I have to start a list..

Anyone else ever "discovered" a forgotten one?

Hehe, no, but once I forgot a gun at a trade. I was trading a Kimber for 2 other guns, and left one of them in the guys back seat. I drove nearly 2 hours to the house and opened the boxes to find only one gun! Man I did I feel dumb. Needless to say, I'm a bit more attentive now.

I found a model 10 smith in a couch that my parents had given me years before. It seems my step father had hid it there, forgot about it, and then passed away. Nobody knew it was missing, and nobody knew it was there.

I was helping the goodwill guys load in onto their truck. We stood the couch on end to get it through the door and when we did I heard a clunk. I almost ignored it, but then curiosity got the best of me. Told them to hold on a second while I see what that noise was. I was glad I did.

Nope. I can account for every gun I own, it's present location, current condition, loaded or not, and type of ammo in each. The moment I can't account for a firearm is the moment I need to give up the collection.

Back
Top Bottom