• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

any older and or seasoned CWP folks, or LEOs please help me out!

Even then, it's called the 4th Amendment. It's also outside the scope of his stop. Did he stop you because you firearm was improperly buckled in? Not being a jerk about it, but I am when I get pulled over. There are rules, and God bless you for not flexing the rules on the side of the road, but he over stepped.

I would have, and recently have responded firmly when i had had a young LEO ask if I had a gun in the vehicle. Maybe the NRA, Palmetto State Armory, Gerogia carry.org, Fraziers Tactical and G44L might have been his FBI clue to ask. I looked him in the eyes and asked if his question had anything to do with my headlight being out, which reminds me it still is. Oops. It was a bit of a pissing contest, but after quoting a few case laws, and 42USC 1983, we stroked my warning and happily bid me a nice evening.
He stopped me for going 10 over the limit, while I guess lesson learned was you do not have to show your GWLS obviously and I knew that. In the situation I forwhatever reason gave it to him, and complied with all he asked. He returned to my vehicle and bid me a good evening no citation etc...Ive just never been one to be a non compliant to LEOs out of respect

- - - Updated - - -

I will say not to take this personal as criisizm, I respect LEO all day long and have many close friends that are. Honest citizens like yourself are the ones that will be hit hard with minor violations like this because you choose to comply and spill the beans on an unknown investigation. Once again i recommend not saying anything.
Dually noted, I apprciate the input. Live and learn right

He stopped me for going 10 over the limit, while I guess lesson learned was you do not have to show your GWLS obviously and I knew that. In the situation I forwhatever reason gave it to him, and complied with all he asked. He returned to my vehicle and bid me a good evening no citation etc...Ive just never been one to be a non compliant to LEOs out of respect

- - - Updated - - -

Dually noted, I apprciate the input. Live and learn right

Yep, did he write you a ticket? CCSO, or any other local can not write speeding for 10 or under. I wouldn't have wasted my time on anything less than 20 over, but that was just me. Not everyone knows the rules of "the game" and I am glad you posted it so you and others opened a dialog on it!

I will choose most times to not say anything outside offering drivers license and proof of insurance. I live in Cobb county and have seen the progression of their competence level. While it may be decent human nature to help yourself by spitting tons of information, it may indeed be harmful to your health and wellbeing

Yep, did he write you a ticket? CCSO, or any other local can not write speeding for 10 or under. I wouldn't have wasted my time on anything less than 20 over, but that was just me. Not everyone knows the rules of "the game" and I am glad you posted it so you and others opened a dialog on it!
No ticket, not sure if it is a good thing that a I mentioned that now? don't want anyone to get repremanded...

to be accurate, they can't write you a citation at 10mph over with radar. They can write you one if they follow and clock you on their speedo. Unless the laws have changed in the past couple of years, anyway.

to be accurate, they can't write you a citation at 10mph over with radar. They can write you one if they follow and clock you on their speedo. Unless the laws have changed in the past couple of years, anyway.

It would have to be Too Fast for Conditions, GSP alone can cite for 10 and under. Applies to Radar, Laser, and Pace. Plus, if the patrol car has over 100,000 miles (which applies to nearly all of BCSO) it isn't valid.

Nah, he was just fishing. Like you said, lesson learned.
I figured, asked me if I had been drinking, of course I hadn't. Just got done seeing the new Red Dawn at the movie theater..It was great! Ill always appreciate the one from 84 though...Thanks for your help shrek

Back
Top Bottom