• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

any older and or seasoned CWP folks, or LEOs please help me out!

5th un-numbered paragraph from georgiapacking.org :D
Your license will be valid for 5 years and it MUST be in your possession at ALL TIMES when you are carrying a firearm. There is no requirement in the Georgia law to volunteer that you are armed when approached by a LEO, but if you are asked DON'T LIE! 99% of LEO's have a lot of appreciation for those who are honest and even more so for those that are forthcoming. Most won't even care if you are carrying, some will thank you for letting them know and a select few will give you a hard time about carrying. I have had over a dozen interactions with LEO's while carrying and only 2 negative experiences.

When Leo asks for your weapon, draw slowly and hand it over immediately, butt-first. Don't lock the slide, drop the mag, or fiddle with anything. Give it over as deliberately as possible.

PS. Carry chambered. Having to draw under stress and make ready will slow you down in a fight.

Say nothing at all except what is relevant to receiving a citation. It is a traffic stop. Be civil and courteous. You have no legal obligation to answer questions.

You have no duty to inform. Don't ,unless you need to. There's no need to bring up anything about a gun. This isn't anti Leo, but he's not there to help you out.

What "officers do" is he ran the serial numbers. Are you 100% sure that gun you traded into is clean?

If you must inform, stay call and don't be all nervous or fidgety. If he asks to hold it for his safety or some other bs, cause it is bs, respectfully decline. Respectfully. Say something along the lines of not feeling very comfortable touching the firearm in his presence. Keep your hands on the wheel.

Personally I think your completely crazy touching a firearm during a traffic stop.

I'm with everyone else on this. Why did you show your GWL? It's not necessary to show that during a routine traffic stop ...

The common reply by other ODT'ers is "To put the LEO at ease and to try and prove you are a lwa abiding citizen".

I say "concealed, means concealed"

You have no duty to inform. Don't ,unless you need to. There's no need to bring up anything about a gun. This isn't anti Leo, but he's not there to help you out.

What "officers do" is he ran the serial numbers. Are you 100% sure that gun you traded into is clean?

If you must inform, stay call and don't be all nervous or fidgety. If he asks to hold it for his safety or some other bs, cause it is bs, respectfully decline. Respectfully. Say something along the lines of not feeling very comfortable touching the firearm in his presence. Keep your hands on the wheel.

Personally I think your completely crazy touching a firearm during a traffic stop.
100% sure, I didnt buy it used, got it brand new in statesboro :)

Back
Top Bottom