• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Crawfishermen on here?

I used to catch them near Fall Creek Falls in Tennessee when I was visiting family. Also, since I've moved to South Carolina I found a good seafood place and got a few lbs of crawfish tails for some etoufee!!!! Can't wait to make it in the coming weeks.

Thought it was some kind of French creole saying. Never heard it before. Figured maybe it actually had some kind of meaning.

Glad you asked the question. I used to find these guys by hand when i was a kid as well. Took my oldest last year up to Etowah to do the same and he was so excited when we found them left and right at the time. So I have been thinking of getting some traps so we can do this together. Sounds like a great time!

I think you have to have a fishing licence to craw fish, but not sure, might want to check the regs.
You have to have a fishing licence to frog gig in Tenn. Who would have thought it?

I checked the regs and did not find anything that states you need a license to catch crawfish; however, it appears that there are over 20 species of crayfish on the Georgia Protected Species List, so the ones you are catching best not be on the list. Also "any crayfish can be used for fishing bait as long as they are not collected from crayfish burrows or exported from the state of Georgia."

Last edited:
check the internet for pre-made traps and check youtube to learn how to make your own. I like 'em steamed with a little "Slap Ya Mamma" seasoning and some drawn butter but the truth is, they are delicious any way you cook 'em. If you steam or boil them, Ice them down immediately and sling some seasoning on them. In about an hour the will be very easy to remove from shell...some great eating!

Back
Top Bottom