• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any chainsaw guys here?

I've had several and am down to only two. My daily/weekend runner is a stihl ms260 with an updated carb with an adjustable high speed jet and a muffler I modded myself. Runs a 16 inch bar with 3/8 vs the norm .325 pitch. Will bury a 16 in hardwood with little effort. I didnt see a need for an adjustable oiler or even buying the pro version at the time as i'm never a fan of the decomp. Sold the 3120xp and it's twin from my alpine magnum grinder and truly miss my husqvarna 268xp. My only other saw I own is my ms440 I bought in 2003 and sent to Nainamo British Columbia to Walker's Saw Shop only to have it arrive back as a fire breathing dual exhaust monster. I've buried a 36 inch bar in 56" hardwood straddling the downed log like a horse kicking a 10 foot or better rooster tail as kids on a school bus stared in awe. Yes... I love chainsaws... Just did a muffler mod for a buddy on his old 290 farm boss and got him an updated carb..... Worst hp to weight ratio of the line but not any longer. I apologize for the way this paragraph looks and reads. I'm like many of you and just lost my dad to a heart attack last Sunday night. Stay strong brothers and sisters of ODT. Bobby

I will tell you I loved my 346xp and sadly only liquidated it because it seemed too top heavy and seemed to swing like a pendulum when I used it... plus, it wouldn't sit in the back of my truck without seeming to flip and flop... just seemed a little too narrow and i prefer a short and chubby better balanced saw....

I will tell you I loved my 346xp and sadly only liquidated it because it seemed too top heavy and seemed to swing like a pendulum when I used it... plus, it wouldn't sit in the back of my truck without seeming to flip and flop... just seemed a little too narrow and i prefer a short and chubby better balanced saw....
346xp was an excellent saw as well.

Would love a hotsaws101 461
Climbing with that milwaukee is about the stupidest things I've ever done

Attachments

• 20210130_144145.jpg
    20210130_144145.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210207_154828.jpg
    20210207_154828.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 31
That one was CFB out of Ontario, Canada.

The other 461R is a Mastermind from Jamestown, TN.

The 660R is Zoo City Saws our of Ashboro, NC.

It’s cost prohibitive to get CFB to do yours due to the shipping.

I would reach out to Kevin LaVanway for that saw as he does phenomenal work also.

I’m friends with all of them & can share contact info if you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I looked at Mastermind and Egan both but just haven’t decided to move forward yet. There’s a guy in north GA that does it too that I’ve talked to also. The 500 is so nasty I’m just not sure it needs more oomph.

Back
Top Bottom