• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

Point is when you are driving one of the "4 sometimes 5 vehicles" for which you buy a tag, we are sharing the road with others who do the same. When you are on a motorless two wheeler on that same road you are not sharing the road, your are using the road for which others pay. There is a time and a place for all, riding two abreast on a busy two lane road is neither.

Not others pay.. I pay..
I pay tags for 4 cars..
It is in fact the same price if I drive one of those 4 cars or one of my 4 bikes..
Point is I pay my share..

Yep I get your point and my point is, had those bikes had tags on them you would have been just as pissed. Maybe we are just wired different, but I have never been pissed off by someone else's behavior on the road and said to myself, "Well they paid for a tag, it's all good."

Agreed, but I have had about enough of the "share the road" mentality. I applaud those who want to ride to improve their health, HOWEVER, if they are not paying for the privilege to have that two wheeler on the road then they are not sharing anything. I ride a motorcycle and I am required to buy a license tag to do so. I pay for a license tag along with gasoline taxes to do that, all of which pay for the roads we ride and drive on. I do not owe them the privilege to ride on that road.

What I am trying to get across is that they should be considerate of those who pay to use the road and not be a hazard by slowing or blocking traffic and then yelling "share the road" at those who become aggravated and agitated with their inconsiderate actions.

Not others pay.. I pay..
I pay tags for 4 cars..
It is in fact the same price if I drive one of those 4 cars or one of my 4 bikes..
Point is I pay my share..
When you are in one of your 4 cars, you are paying and sharing. When you are you one of your 4 bicycles on that same road you are NOT paying your share.

What I am trying to get across is that they should be considerate

Agree 100% and what I am trying to get across is that tags don't make people considerate, values do. Had a guy almost tap me in the back with his mirror the other day while I was riding on the grass side of the white line, on a road with a turning lane in the middle, with nobody in it. He had a tag lol and he was still an inconsiderate asshole. Maybe he figures I didn't pay for the priveledge to be there IDK.

When you are in one of your 4 cars, you are paying and sharing. When you are you one of your 4 bicycles on that same road you are NOT paying your share.
It's already paid for..
I pay my share..
you can say what you want..

I am going to ride my bike on the road..

It is legal and I have the right..

I respect all who are on the road..:

If I couldn't wheelie or jump I'm not sure I would know how to ride a bike!!

View attachment 757858
View attachment 757859

Out on the road holding up guys like @RiverBend
View attachment 757860

Smoked after a hard 34mile Snake Creek Gap TT!
View attachment 757861

@RiverBend --- The difference is that YOU, the motorist DO NOT determine what is "near to the right side of the roadway as practicable.."....the cyclist does. There are road hazards, glass, dead animals, pot holes that often require us to ride farther out....the whole "Avoiding hazards to safe cycling"...is what gives us the right to be there....

Should cyclists take up the whole lane? No.... Should an impatient asshole pass us on a blind turn or hill? No...

It is this mentality of yours that really strikes me as callous: "if that is your choice, don't expect a MV to cross the centerline to provide your 3 feet."

I doubt a cyclist would hold you up a total of 15-20 seconds...and that is enough for you to push someone off the road which LEGALLY, puts you at risk....sorry to hold you up a whole 15 seconds....whereever you are going must be really important...If you can't wait 15 - 30 seconds to find a safe place to pass then it says more about you, than it does the cyclist..

My concerns with the people that clog the roads in Cherokee County are these:
Large Groups that are impossible to pass and sometimes have a chase car blocking you.
Times when I am hauling a large and heavy trailer and either get stuck behind a group going up hill or come around a corner and nearly pile into slow moving bikes.
My 16 year old daughter who is still learning to drive, If she runs over a bicyclist she has to live with that forever.
The old folks on the road who panic when they get behind bikes.
Groups of bikers who wholly disregard the traffic laws.
Groups of bikers will have one guy block an intersection while their buddies pass through.
Bikers who do not realize that sharing the road is a two way street.
The fact that my dog is a herder and gets excited and gives chase when she sees a group of riders.
The biker that stopped in my driveway and was about to kick afore mentioned dog one day.

My list could go on. The disregard that a great percentage of bikers show for the rest of us sharing the road is obscene. I am sure everyone on this thread is cordial, pleasant and sweet, but most of the bikers I encounter are rude and obnoxious. I honk before I pass ever biker to let them know I am there . One fella jerked his bike right in front of me in East Cobb years ago and I ran over him, he was fine, but it was a horrible feeling, totally his fault, and I never want that to happen again, so now I honk.

My concerns with the people that clog the roads in Cherokee County are these:
Large Groups that are impossible to pass and sometimes have a chase car blocking you.
Times when I am hauling a large and heavy trailer and either get stuck behind a group going up hill or come around a corner and nearly pile into slow moving bikes.
My 16 year old daughter who is still learning to drive, If she runs over a bicyclist she has to live with that forever.
The old folks on the road who panic when they get behind bikes.
Groups of bikers who wholly disregard the traffic laws.
Groups of bikers will have one guy block an intersection while their buddies pass through.
Bikers who do not realize that sharing the road is a two way street.
The fact that my dog is a herder and gets excited and gives chase when she sees a group of riders.
The biker that stopped in my driveway and was about to kick afore mentioned dog one day.

My list could go on. The disregard that a great percentage of bikers show for the rest of us sharing the road is obscene. I am sure everyone on this thread is cordial, pleasant and sweet, but most of the bikers I encounter are rude and obnoxious. I honk before I pass ever biker to let them know I am there . One fella jerked his bike right in front of me in East Cobb years ago and I ran over him, he was fine, but it was a horrible feeling, totally his fault, and I never want that to happen again, so now I honk.

Thanks for looking out and honking. If someone is being a jerk please let them know.

Back
Top Bottom