• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

I did not read the many pages of this thread. I am sure there are many bicyclist on this thread and many who are not. I am a biker but not that kind!!!

I do have a question for those who are "bicyclist". How would you feel about being required to purchase a license plate just as I do to ride on the roads that you and I pay for? The reason I ask the question is that a few days ago ( this thread was greatly timed!!!!) I was in somewhat of a hurry to get to Home Depot to fetch supplied for a project when, as my luck has it, I came upon two bicyclist (a man and a woman) who were riding two abreast on a two lane road with a double yellow line. They were out for a Saturday morning ride and did not give a flying crap about anyone but themselves.

When the double yellow ended I pulled up to pass. When I got next to them I asked that they ride single file so that motor vehicles could pass. At that point the guy shouted that I should "share the road". I shouted that they were not sharing the road they were taking the road, OK I was pissed at that point. The woman called me a jerk and again screamed, "share the road"!!!!

Here we go!!! I will be ecstatic to share the road with those SOBs and B's who want to ride SxS on a two lane road when those SOBs and B's agree to purchase a license tag, as those who they are asking to share the road with purchase. Where do they GET off? They do not want to share the road, they want me to give up my rights to use it and drive behind them.

Excuse me, move over and allow those who pay for license tags to be on the road to pass. You do not share the road, as you do not pay for the privilege to be on that road with your bicycles, you are allowed to use it by those who do pay to use it. Get it straight.

Cool stuff but I use Strava with my Garmin cycling computer. Have you looked into Strava? It's free and they have an app as well if you don't have a GPS enabled cycling computer.

Never heard of it but it's on the how to be a roadie video I just watched so I'm in.

I did not read the many pages of this thread. I am sure there are many bicyclist on this thread and many who are not. I am a biker but not that kind!!!

I do have a question for those who are "bicyclist". How would you feel about being required to purchase a license plate just as I do to ride on the roads that you and I pay for? The reason I ask the question is that a few days ago ( this thread was greatly timed!!!!) I was in somewhat of a hurry to get to Home Depot to fetch supplied for a project when, as my luck has it, I came upon two bicyclist (a man and a woman) who were riding two abreast on a two lane road with a double yellow line. They were out for a Saturday morning ride and did not give a flying crap about anyone but themselves.

When the double yellow ended I pulled up to pass. When I got next to them I asked that they ride single file so that motor vehicles could pass. At that point the guy shouted that I should "share the road". I shouted that they were not sharing the road they were taking the road, OK I was pissed at that point. The woman called me a jerk and again screamed, "share the road"!!!!

Here we go!!! I will be ecstatic to share the road with those SOBs and B's who want to ride SxS on a two lane road when those SOBs and B's agree to purchase a license tag, as those who they are asking to share the road with purchase. Where do they GET off? They do not want to share the road, they want me to give up my rights to use it and drive behind them.

Excuse me, move over and allow those who pay for license tags to be on the road to pass. You do not share the road, as you do not pay for the privilege to be on that road with your bicycles, you are allowed to use it by those who do pay to use it. Get it straight.

So if they had tags you'd be cool with it?

So if they had tags you'd be cool with it?

I would feel more like I was "sharing the road". At least those who drive their cars like they are afraid to be on the road pay for the privilege to be there. These folks who want you to "share the road" don't pay for the privilege to use it and insist that I should "share". They are not sharing at all. They are using what the motorist pay for.

I would feel more like I was "sharing the road". At least those who drive their cars like they are afraid to be on the road pay for the privilege to be there. These folks who want you to "share the road" don't pay for the privilege to use it and insist that I should "share". They are not sharing at all. They are using what the motorist pay for.

I pay for tags on 4 sometimes 5 vehicles, I'm sure those folks pay taxes as well. Bottom line is people who are inconsiderate are that way rather they are on a bicycle, a motor cycle, a car, a go cart, whatever. I'm sure you've seen your share of asshole bikers and for that mater almost been hit by an idiot or two when you're on your bike. Best we can do I guess is try not to be one of the assholes.

Point is when you are driving one of the "4 sometimes 5 vehicles" for which you buy a tag, we are sharing the road with others who do the same. When you are on a motorless two wheeler on that same road you are not sharing the road, your are using the road for which others pay. There is a time and a place for all, riding two abreast on a busy two lane road is neither.

Yep I get your point and my point is, had those bikes had tags on them you would have been just as pissed. Maybe we are just wired different, but I have never been pissed off by someone else's behavior on the road and said to myself, "Well they paid for a tag, it's all good."

Back
Top Bottom