Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

Mountain Bike! (Santa Cruz Tallboy C w ENVE wheels) I just got back from four days camping/biking over the labor day weekend in DuPont Forrest & Pisgah National Forest. Both were great. Pisgah is much more difficult and was some of the most challenging biking I've ever done. It was GREAT! I can be found at Ropes Mill, Blankets Creek, or Chicopee Woods at least 2-3 times a week (weather permitting)

4 Bikes.jpg

jdd2855...we have the same taste in cars!

Here is my around the park beater chasing the kids. It is a custom built Standard mountain bike frame in a 26". The wheels are Chris King, cranks are Profile BMX, bars are US Made Al's KOS bars, and the fork is Kelly. I actually had the wheels, and built the bike around them. I did not realize it, but I would say about 85% of the bike is US Made- including the US made wheels, which are a rarity today!

My regular mountain bike is a single speed 29er Gary Fisher Ferrous. I ride nothing but Steel frames. Aluminum is not flexible enough for me. Pics of this soon to come.

DSC02661.JPG
DSC02662.JPG
DSC02666.JPG

Yes road and mountain. I didn't ware spandex untill I started racing and riding with professional riders. At that point I needed every little bit of help I could get. Only ware spandex on road and mountain bikes races.

I started riding a road bike about 2 years ago. I am on the disabled list currently due to a problem with my right foot/ankle form previous injuries. Real bummed about it but I started physical therapy 2 weeks ago and am making some progress. Here's is a pic of my wife and I before heading out on the 42 mile loop at the Hartwell dam ride this past summer. Yes, I'm wearing spandex and the women like it. Ha Ha. Hoping to get back in the saddle soon!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    753.7 KB · Views: 54
I've had and ridden the same $80 wally world mountain bike for the last ten years.

I've thought of getting a better one, but just haven't been able to justify that kind of money for a bicycle just yet. I'm amazed this one just keeps going.

Back
Top Bottom