• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any aquarists in the house?

I've done saltwater for years. Have an 85 gal coral tank tank with sump, lights, skimmer, and all the goodies. I took it down last summer to put in hardwood floors and havent set it back up. I need to get it going. It was really relaxing.

Recovering aquarium addict here! Still have most of the hardware, but had to take a break, wife was getting mad with the $500.00 a month power bills. Still have the main system built in the wall of my man cave. 220g display tank with 180g sump and 90g frag tank. Sitting empty right now, but will turn back on one day. Selling off my 75g tank with CFL now. Great hobby, very addicting, very soothing.

I have a 30 gallon tall with custom canopy. Canister filter and protein skimmer. Liverock, a mated pair of onyx percula clowns, yellow tail damsels and a large bubble tip anemone. Corals include 3 kinds of palys, zoas ,ricordia mushrooms, green mushrooms, frogspawn, Xenia , Kenya trees, green star polyps and a huge colony of hammers.

Nice tank rbstern. I've had several over the years. I sold my last 110 gal after I came home to no fish after my deployment. My Sister was watching my house while I was gone and let my fish die. Luckily I had no expensive ones at that time.
In the past I had a large catfish Redtail/Tiger hybrid. He got so big that he would hit me with water in my bed 10 ft away (yes, I had lids and weights on them too). Redtails can grow to well over 100lbs in the wild. Realistically a Redtail shouldnt be kept in anything less than a 200 gal. I also kept a large Florida Gar(Spotted Gar) for a few years. Watching it eat was interesting. Maybe one day I'll set up another tank.
i1207.photobucket.com_albums_bb471_Atypicalfish_December_202010_20inventory_DSC00151.jpg

I currently have 5 set up right now ranging from 10 gallons to 125 gallons. All freshwater, not brave enough to try saltwater. Catfish are my favorite kind of fish to keep but I have a few Oscars and Pacus here and there.

Back
Top Bottom