• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another tragic example...

I don't understand people answering the door with more than a "State your business!". Can't imagine opening the door for a stranger.

These were fine upstanding citizens that obviously were just looking for some water. They never done hurt nobody. This article is obviously racist because it insinuates that these gentlemen were not from around a nice neighborhood.

Actually it states in the article that they just wanted a jack :D

I never get the "safe neighborhood " thing. Criminals can get cars and travel. Unless they're trying to steal Crack they're not gonna burglarized their own neighborhoods..

And yes there would be 4 dead home invaders if they tried that on me..

I don't understand people answering the door with more than a "State your business!". Can't imagine opening the door for a stranger.
Local news said they had just got back from the beach,he(the husband) was unloading the car,they(the thugs)came up asking to use a car jack,then shot him in both legs when he refused to let them in the house

Well sounds like they gave him the option of being beat to death with a Jack or be shot. They were trying to be courteous. Probably got a flat while diving to church or they were running late to volunteer at Hosea's feed the hungry diner.

Local news said they had just got back from the beach,he(the husband) was unloading the car,they(the thugs)came up asking to use a car jack,then shot him in both legs when he refused to let them in the house

I admit, I skimmed the article. : (

Hope they catch the little f'ers.

The 911 tape was played on the news where the mother says "a black young man" was robbing them at gunpoint. She only described one before she started screaming as one of them began popping off rounds. I haven't heard any further description(s).
In the words of Hillary.... "What difference does it make?"
It makes a difference. The 911 tapes were from a different source, and not the one in the OP.

I get your point - Be prepared for everything. But if I knew my neighbor just had their home invaded, I want to know what to be on the lookout for. As an example, I don't happen to live in the "beautiful" part of Savannah, and so I frequently see people of all backgrounds carrying stuff like TVs up and down the streets, as well as homeless people. If I had a description, I would pay extra attention, but also see if I can get these horrible people off my block.

It makes a difference. The 911 tapes were from a different source, and not the one in the OP.

I get your point - Be prepared for everything. But if I knew my neighbor just had their home invaded, I want to know what to be on the lookout for. As an example, I don't happen to live in the "beautiful" part of Savannah, and so I frequently see people of all backgrounds carrying stuff like TVs up and down the streets, as well as homeless people. If I had a description, I would pay extra attention, but also see if I can get these horrible people off my block.
I was being sarcastic (but not very well apparently).
I just assume everyone I don't know, and half the people I do know, are a threat. Keeps it simple.

Back
Top Bottom