• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another New Guy Intro

I always intended to shoot it but I was never fully happy with the quality as a april 2018 gen 3 production for 2,100 dollars. Now I just really miss it and will need some time for investments to come in before I can buy another.

20210412_190740.jpg

I always intended to shoot it but I was never fully happy with the quality as a april 2018 gen 3 production for 2,100 dollars. Now I just really miss it and will need some time for investments to come in before I can buy another.

View attachment 5916003
It's purdy, at least you took pics. I almost always shoot whatever I've had. Of coarse it doesn't help the value. But that's what they're made for. The others that didn't get shot were ones that other people had to have worse than me. My guess is that's what some people call a gen 4. I've actually thought those have a high degree of quality. I'd own one

That's how I've always looked at the SAA thing. But most people treat them like works of art and are convinced they are good investments. I'm not sure I agree with that assessment for all new production guns that Colt produces but if they ever stop making them, their value will only skyrocket. That was usually the thinking for people on the colt forums I think. That anticipation that they might stop and suddenly 3rd gens are worth double or more, maybe. Last I heard several years back, the SAA production wasn't in the best position for the future. I remember hearing a rumor that basically they had one sorta master gunsmith and an apprentice of sorts doing the SAAs, and several parts were being done out of house by third parties. But that's the norm for the SAA, rumors and more rumors on why production was so slow or less than stellar. It's been a few years since I kept up with it. I'm hoping when I'm ready to buy another I can just go straight through the colt shop, if it's open for orders come then.

That's how I've always looked at the SAA thing. But most people treat them like works of art and are convinced they are good investments. I'm not sure I agree with that assessment for all new production guns that Colt produces but if they ever stop making them, their value will only skyrocket. That was usually the thinking for people on the colt forums I think. That anticipation that they might stop and suddenly 3rd gens are worth double or more, maybe. Last I heard several years back, the SAA production wasn't in the best position for the future. I remember hearing a rumor that basically they had one sorta master gunsmith and an apprentice of sorts doing the SAAs, and several parts were being done out of house by third parties. But that's the norm for the SAA, rumors and more rumors on why production was so slow or less than stellar. It's been a few years since I kept up with it. I'm hoping when I'm ready to buy another I can just go straight through the colt shop, if it's open for orders come then.
Well you know that's how all investments are. You don't think the new ones will be collectable and 20-30yrs later, they are. Now that said if it has the horse on it, nuff said. The last I knew SAAs where only made in the custom shop. These days I don't think Colt is even American owned. I believe CZ owns it. That said, CZ is a good firearm though. But like the pre 64 Winchesters, pre lock S&W and Marlins with changed productions there will probably be a difference in values

Well you know that's how all investments are. You don't think the new ones will be collectable and 20-30yrs later, they are. Now that said if it has the horse on it, nuff said. The last I knew SAAs where only made in the custom shop. These days I don't think Colt is even American owned. I believe CZ owns it. That said, CZ is a good firearm though. But like the pre 64 Winchesters, pre lock S&W and Marlins with changed productions there will probably be a difference in values
Yeah I remember they had another ownership change. I should hit up the coltforums again and see how things are going for Colt.

Back
Top Bottom