• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another LR/ELR weekend Oct 21-22 at the Arena in Blakely GA

You should be hitting the mile with the Bergara's.
Im realistically hoping for 1500 with the 6.5 and all the way out with the 300 prc. The 5.56 gun I'd *like* to hit 1500 with but I'm not crazy hopeful.

Biggest thing I plan on doing is learning. I'm self taught from 4 youtube videos a and 1 book on long range shooting, so ill be sponging up info and watching.

Im realistically hoping for 1500 with the 6.5 and all the way out with the 300 prc. The 5.56 gun I'd *like* to hit 1500 with but I'm not crazy hopeful.

Biggest thing I plan on doing is learning. I'm self taught from 4 youtube videos an and 1 book on long range shooting, so I’ll be sponging up info and watching.
If you don’t have a Chronograph, a few of us will have a MagnetoSpeed you can use and AK74U has a labradar I think. You can use that velocity data to get you really close for elevation dials in the ballistic app. Most important thing past 1500yds is having a good spotter.

Which 4 YouTube videos?

Biggest thing I plan on doing is learning. I'm self taught from 4 youtube videos a and 1 book on long range shooting, so ill be sponging up info and watching.

Somewhere I picked up on mils and ranging targets with a ffp scope. Following vapor trails and calling hits and misses and making corrections.

Finally the Arena weekend is here. Looks like the weather will good (no hurricanes) except for some rain on Friday afternoon. Below is the roster for the weekend. We have the UKD range from Friday noon until Sunday evening. We will have a qualified Range Officer (Jeff Fegreus from River Bend GC) for the weekend and safety briefings on Friday afternoon 1pm, Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:30 at the shooting line. We are also planning on an informal .308 vs 6.5 Creedmoor match on Sunday at 11am to settle the verbal abuse the 6.5Creedmoor guys suffered at the last weekend , $10 buy in (1 sighter and 5 shots for record) at 1K yds on steel target. (tie breakers will be at 1200, 1400, 1600 yds) Winner gets the pot and bragging rights for the year.

Pls check in with the office when you get there, some paperwork needs to be completed and if you are staying on campus they will assign your cabin.

Looking forward to shooting with you all the weekend.

Rgrds
Gert Arena10_21-10_16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom