• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Georgian in the news - Straw Purchase

Sounds like infringement to me. Nowhere in the 2A says you can't resell guns across state lines.
Yes but states can institute their own laws. We can't just sell a gun to anyone in Virginia unless it's a gift or sale to a direct family member. Other than that it must be sold through a FFL. You and I had it good in Ga. We can sell to whoever we want. Unless you buy a gun and turn around and sell it the next day which could be considered a straw purchase. I meaning when I lived there.

Yes but states can institute their own laws. We can't just sell a gun to anyone in Virginia unless it's a gift or sale to a direct family member. Other than that it must be sold through a FFL. You and I had it good in Ga. We can sell to whoever we want. Unless you buy a gun and turn around and sell it the next day which could be considered a straw purchase
Still an infringement. State laws shouldn't trump the constitution.

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution of the United States (Article VI, Clause 2), establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the "supreme Law of the Land", and thus take priority over any conflicting state laws.

But our government has been $hitting all over the constitution since the civil war anyway.

You knew they had a bunch of these lined up to justify their 'task force' of DoJ lackeys... err 'attorneys'.

Since it was only announced a month or so ago, and this case is obviously older than that, it's pure propaganda...

not a lot of info in article,but lots of questions.
how did they get pinched?(informant in the group)
was he buying locally from FFL's or individuals?
9 people charged,were they reselling also?
dozens of guns well was it 1 2 3 4 5 dozen?

Back
Top Bottom