• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

And that's when the conversation ended...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn2Dusk

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
33   0
Reaction score
I've had a plethora of wonderful transactions through this site and met some really good folks, but just out of curiosity have you ever asked a simple question or two and it caused the entire conversation to shut down COLD?

In light of recent influxes of newbies (referring to someone with little to no feedback or just joined) I will outright ask newbies with no proven site history in writing,

"Just making sure you are a Georgia resident, 21+ years of age, legal owner, no felonies and have full entitled rights to sale/buy the firearm in question with no violations of any law statutes correct?"

Several times this has lead to an immediate and abrupt conversation ending.

Are people so put off and offended by this basic "CYA" line due to their new status or do I tip my tin hat to the alphabet agencies trying to catch a fish?

I've had a plethora of wonderful transactions through this site and meet some really good folks, but just out of curiosity have you ever asked a simple question or two and it caused the entire conversation to shut down COLD?

In light of recent influxes of newbies (referring to someone with little to no feedback or just joined) I will outright ask in writing,

"Just making sure you are a Georgia resident, 21+ years of age, legal owner, no felonies and have full entitled rights to sale the firearm in question with no violations of any law statutes correct?"

Several times this has lead to an immediate and abrupt conversation ending.

Are people so put off and offended by this basic "CYA" line or do I tip my tin hat to the alphabet agencies trying to catch a fish?
That type of response, (or lack thereof) may tell you a little about the person...

It’s your stuff. Do as you please. But If I wanted to deal with those questions, id just buy from an FFL. If someone started bombarding me with all of those questions here, I’d move on. That’s just me. I’m a legal GWL permit holder for decades and have bought and sold here for 13+ years. My opinion is you aren’t covering your ass by asking stuff that you aren’t required to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom