Ammo prices between different stores is CRAZY.

Most ammo coming in to retailers today has been on order for 16 months to 2 years and when ammo gets in, it’s at current wholesale price. Lot of calibers still hard to find and will be, for years to come. I had 10 cases ordered for 18 months that came in Friday and they duplicated order with 10 more yesterday! A friend who has gun store in Athens told me that ammo they are getting in has been ordered for 2 years when it hit door and they order directly from manufacturer and large quantities. Buy some and put back as there will be 7 to 10 percent price increase first of year and vote Republican!
Amen!

Some of the shops local to me appear to have bought high on the wholesale side and are now refusing to take the loss and drop retail price to current average. It can also come down to who bought more in bulk to get a bit off the top from their distributor.

I generally won't price shop my local spots against one another (guns, magazines, etc.). Ammo is my exception. It's the 1 recurring expense that I have in the gun world (aside from reloading shenanigans, which is a whole separate beast) and I'll chase the lowest price every single time. I won't look much further into a store if their ammo prices are outlandish. Might be some sweet deals lurking in the counters but I'll never know.

Hence me swapping to H from primarily shooting Noslers.

I’m not paying $1.33/ per bullet that’ll load myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Speaking of horrible ammo prices…
I went to Cabela’s last weekend and I could not hold back my combo of laughing & cursing out loud. (Got a couple looks from other shoppers.)
The shelves were packed full cuz ain’t nobody buying at those prices!
I figured by now they’d have their prices at a more competitive rate…? (Big box store purchasing power)

I went to a couple of other stores to look for primers as well. One store had them at $99/1000 and the other was $139.99/1000 for CCI SPP. not many stores have primers readily available, so I was just glad to see them on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom