Americas facination of guns

insulinboy

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
I had an interesting conversation with a scottsman last night about guns.

I play destiny and am involved in a clan and the discussion happened durring an undieing mind hard mode strike.

Its known in the group that im a competition shooter and we were talking about scout rifles and how easy it is to tyre your trigger finger pulling the trigger faster than the gun fires.. anyway it lead to the discussion of real guns and was probably the first civil conversation ive ever had with someone who is anti gun. He listened to my point of view and accepted my beliefs as i did with him, i changed his mind about a few things as he did mine.

Guns were made illegal there (save for permitted shotguns for hunters/farmers) in 95 after a school shooting with good sucess apparently and it made sense for them

He agreed that it likely wouldnt work the same here because of the ammount of guns we have and the ammount of people/land/political coruption that we have. Though he admited he still doesnt understand our facination with guns, but as well he had never shot one let alone competed.

Just thought id share a rare positive experiance/conversation and the wish that people with that mindset here could be as civil

Guns and weapons are the physical example of freedom. It's Fine to talk about freedom, and to discuss its subtleties but at the end of the day freedom has to be held onto. It has to be fought for, and sacrificed for....

Guns and weapons are the physical item you can hold for the individual to know you have the power to fight for your freedom.

It's no wonder we value it... And others don't.

Why own firearms, when you know when the SHTF a Bobby will come a running with a stick to save the day. Oh wait that's England. The whole U.K. are a bunch of Liberal tea and crumpet gobblers. Reminds me of a Joke. How can you tell if an Englishman is gay? You can't

The UK (which still includes Scotland for now) has had strict gun control going back hundreds of years. They don't think of being 'armed' as a right that applies to individuals.

The funny thing is that they always point to their "Bobbies" not needing guns, yet almost 50% of the police force is armed these days. Why? More criminals have guns.

Why own firearms, when you know when the SHTF a Bobby will come a running with a stick to save the day. Oh wait that's England. The whole U.K. are a bunch of Liberal tea and crumpet gobblers. Reminds me of a Joke. How can you tell if an Englishman is gay? You can't

No, not all of the UK are twinkle toed, liberal fudge packers. There are still some freedom minded folks there who very much resent their ridiculous gun laws. I see them on forums and other places all the time telling us how lucky we are, and telling us to never give up the 2nd...The poor Limey bloats.

The UK (which still includes Scotland for now) has had strict gun control going back hundreds of years. They don't think of being 'armed' as a right that applies to individuals.

The funny thing is that they always point to their "Bobbies" not needing guns, yet almost 50% of the police force is armed these days. Why? More criminals have guns.

True about the police, not so much about strict controls for hundreds of years. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting it's ever been quite like America, but easy to own a gun up until the 30's. Post war things got stricter, then really draconian fairly recently.

Since the latest clampdowns firearm crime has continued to increase, unsurprisingly unaffected.

I make these observations from the perspective, that A I'm english, B I owned guns there, C my cousin was a commander at Scotland Yard.

Oh, gordylew should try some Rugby, see how he does without body armor ;)

Its because he is the descendant of servants and we are the descendants of free men

There are more people of Scottish descent living in America than Scots living in Scotland. All of us Scots here in America are descended from families who have lived under British rule; servants all.

Back
Top Bottom