Am I the only one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again........making general assumptions about people who prep.

1. What business is it of yours, mine, or anybody else on this forum to ridicule/cast judgement on what others do. Only cowards cast opinions and deride others without knowing what drives the people they ridicule. Are you a coward????

2. Yes I have a year suppply of food on hand. Darn glad I did and do....it helped feed my family when I was unemployed and allowed me to shift financial resources to keeping my house.

3. Driven by fear and paranoia....nope. I view it as insurance because the government has demonstrated time and time again that they will not be able to help you in the event of a major catastrophe. Katrina and BP were minor (not to the people directly impacted by these events) in the scheme of things and look how badly federal, state and local governments screwed up.

4. Are there some chicken littles out there? Of course there are.........just like there are those that have their head in the sand.

5. Have a nice day!!!!

Last edited:
Here we go again........making general assumptions about people who prep.

1. What business is it of yours, mine, or anybody else on this forum to ridicule/cast judgement on what others do. Only cowards cast opinions and deride others without knowing what drives the people they ridicule. Are you a coward????

2. Yes I have a year suppply of food on hand. Darn glad I did and do....it helped feed my family when I was unemployed and allowed me to shift financial resources to keeping my house.

3. Driven by fear and paranoia....nope. I view it as insurance because the government has demonstrated time and time again that they will not be able to help you in the event of a major catastrophe. Katrina and BP were minor (not to the people directly impacted by these events) in the scheme of things and look how badly federal, state and local governments screwed up.

4. Are there some chicken littles out there? Of course there are.........just like there are those that have their head in the sand.

5. Have a nice day!!!!

Good responce.

At any given point in time the average American is 4 days away from having no food, should Kroger suddenly not get their daily truck delivery. That in and of itself should tell you people taking the time to prepare a bit are not comical.

I trust Obama will get us through it if something happens. In Obama we trust, says so right on our money. Oh, wait, that's God.

I will agree that some of the scenarios put forth are actually designed for ego enhancement and toy purchase justification. Some of the scenarios are bizarre to say the least.

Having said that, to ignore the probability that a disaster, be it man-made or natural will not affect us is wishful thinking. There is nothing wrong with being prepared, we carry insurance for our cars, houses, health, and life, not for just in case but for when something happens. This is just a step or two above that level of preparedness.

I will agree that some of the scenarios put forth are actually designed for ego enhancement and toy purchase justification. Some of the scenarios are bizarre to say the least.

Having said that, to ignore the probability that a disaster, be it man-made or natural will not affect us is wishful thinking. There is nothing wrong with being prepared, we carry insurance for our cars, houses, health, and life, not for just in case but for when something happens. This is just a step or two above that level of preparedness.

You mean the threat of an invasion by liberal zombies from Pluto on the first Friday with a full moon isn't likely to happen? ;) :)

theres a fine line. but i agree some do obsess. like the guys who put up 50000 rounds of ammo in case of attack. when they swarm you and your 1 ak, kill you and yours, they'll simply take your rifle and ammo with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom