Am I the only one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
so people who prepare for the worst but hope for the best are comical in your opinion? what a statement....i have met folks like you, an have assured thrm ill not have mercy on them when and if anything ever happens. most of the people i know dont actually go so far ,,as to belittle my kind of thinkers , u my friend is the one who may end up being on the comical end...

This is some COMICAL ****e right here,
On Sunday we heard the head of the World Bank say that he’s “concerned” about food prices, and that we’re “one shock away from a full-grown crisis.” Heavy stuff. But get ready, it’s about to get cinder-block-around-your-feet-in-a-lake heavy.

“In case you haven’t noticed, the world is on the verge of a horrific global food crisis,” writes Michael Snyder over at Zero Hedge. “At some point, this crisis will affect you and your family. It may not be today, and it may not be tomorrow, but it is going to happen.”

In order to prove his case, Snyder provides “20 signs that a horrific global food crisis is coming.” The first seven are below:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/are-these-the-20-signs-that-point-to-a-global-food-crisis/

Yes you ARE the only one!

Guess you didn't really understand my point. Between the avid hunters, shooters, collectors, outdoorsmen and farmers in my family/friends circle I would never obsess about it and consider going out to stockpile things for some wacky scenario.

It's good that you already have the resources and don't need to do any special preparation. However, if you didn't have these resources would you then actively prepare? If not, why even mention what you would do "if"? It sounds like the reason you don't take this type of thing seriously is because you are, luckily, already ready. Most are not that fortunate and need to actively prepare. Also, do you REALLY have the resources you think you do? Could you actually go to your family and freinds and survive long term with no power, running water or outside food source?

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!
Unless it's nuclear fallout or something that absolutly requires evacuating. Most City dwellers might as well stay home. All these "I'm heading for the hills" weekend warriors have no Freaking clue where their going or what their going to do when they get there. And there will be a million others on the roads with grid lock anyways. Same ole thing if you don't absolutly have to leave then don't, these others will just be feed for the bands of theives.

If you've ever been through an Official Emergency Evacuation, then you know what I'm talking about if you haven't then watch more movies. Living on the Coast we have our Hurricane Supplies etc., but we're no Idiots either, if it's Cat 1 or bigger the family is gone long before, and I follow ASAP. Got to keep the gas pumps going as long as possible.

Allot of these EOTWAWKI, SHTF posts etc. I just sit back and have a good laugh at.

that laughs out loud every time I read a new "SHTF" scenario thread? I highly doubt we will ever see anything like that in our lifetime.

If it did happen I know where I would go and between family, friends and myself there would be plenty of food, ammo and weapons so I am not concerned about that. It just seems like some people are obsessing on this and spend time daily trying to prepare for something to happen.

It just makes me laugh and shake my head when I read about folks saying they canned some more beef today, buried some more Mossberg Just In Case kits or stored some water etc.

Some people have seen too many movies.

I see your point but you're insulting a way of life for many on this forum (fear and paranoia) so you should've expected much of the response so far. Me and my family wouldn't be the only ones left if something like that happened, so I would be thinking of how I could organize more people to build a hunting/farming community to sustain ourselves rather than running to a rabbit hole and waiting it out alone. Eventually, you'll run out of food and you can't eat bullets. Oh boy.....I dun dit it neow

If it did happen I know where I would go and between family, friends and myself there would be plenty of food, ammo and weapons so I am not concerned about that. It just seems like some people are obsessing on this and spend time daily trying to prepare for something to happen.

Your comment right here is a contradiction. You say you don't worry about it, but yet you have all these provisions if something happens..... but, you think it will never happen. If you really thought it would never happen, you would not have these things in place.
Also, are you counting on these people to take care of you or stock pile food, while you aren't preparing at all? To think that a disaster (natural or man made) isn't going to happen.... wow..... for me that's just irresponsible. For me. I'm not calling you irresponsible. But, have a safe easter and a good weekend.

This is hilarious. All you guys that say they laugh at the idea and don't take anything like this seriously, then proceed to tell us what you would do if it happened. BAHAHAHA!

blog.cleanenergy.org_files_2009_04_head_in_sand.jpg

The only scenarios I find that are funny are the ones that are really specific. Like, "what would you do if 500 screaming pygmies attacked your BOL with axes and torches".

And the only reason I think they're funny is because we have no way of knowing exactly what will happen. The whole point of being prepared is to have some tools in case of disasters. Whatever the disaster, you will need water, food, and shelter. And if it's more than a few hours long, you will probably need some way of defending your water, food, and shelter.

Beyond that, no one knows.

Az

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom