Ak47 vs ar15... Here we go again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutton

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Let's have a CIVIL debate why don't we? Instead of the regular debate about which is better overall (ak vs ar) I'll change it up a little. Let's debate which one would be better in a grid down/shtf situation. Please list which one you would choose and list why. Please guys, let's keep this civil with intelligent responses. I'll go first

I would choose the ak over the ar because

1. It's cheaper. You can almost buy two aks for the price of one ar. Remember two is one and one is none.

2. Harder hitting round. The ar shoots a petite .22 round vs the aks .30 round. I understand the ar has a longer range but I have a deer rifle that will beat an ar hands down as far as range and accuracy goes

3. Reliability. I know that if you keep an ar clean it will function fine but in a grid down/shtf situation that's not always an option. There's a video on YouTube of an ak being buried for 18 years and being dug up and shot. I don't think an ar could dream of that.

P.S. I'm going to buy a shtf rifle and I'm leaning towards the ak side but I want to hear other opinions. Please keep this civil.

Let's have a CIVIL debate why don't we? Instead of the regular debate about which is better overall (ak vs ar) I'll change it up a little. Let's debate which one would be better in a grid down/shtf situation. Please list which one you would choose and list why. Please guys, let's keep this civil with intelligent responses. I'll go first

I would choose the ak over the ar because

1. It's cheaper. You can almost buy two aks for the price of one ar. Remember two is one and one is none. Not true, DPMS $449 AR, just as cheap as a WASR.

2. Harder hitting round. The ar shoots a petite .22 round vs the aks .30 round. I understand the ar has a longer range but I have a deer rifle that will beat an ar hands down as far as range and accuracy goes. Elaborate. 223 is lighter per round overall. I would rather carry 250 rounds, than 250 7.62x39

3. Reliability. I know that if you keep an ar clean it will function fine but in a grid down/shtf situation that's not always an option. There's a video on YouTube of an ak being buried for 18 years and being dug up and shot. I don't think an ar could dream of that. Good lord, there are JUST AS MANY on YouTube showing AK failures. Dust cover closed on an AR has proven 100x over to keep the rifle cycling if dropped than an AK...

P.S. I'm going to buy a shtf rifle and I'm leaning towards the ak side but I want to hear other opinions. Please keep this civil.

Lastly, AR is MUCH more comfortable to shoot, better ergonomics, WAY more versatile in terms of lengths, calibers, modifications, etc....

And insert beating a dead horse here

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_12_68fa751381cd89f5f1fde99e9a386ccf.jpg

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_12_f27f399148bda5b1c234f4d3e25884f5.jpg
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_12_8d3d63d3eaed596c041445ea99cfcdca.jpg

I'll never be convinced that an ar is more reliable than an ak. Throw a little dirt into an an ar receiver and she's done. Throw some in an ak receiver and she's fine. ARs have tighter tolerances, they are finer running machines with more little moving parts. There's a reason the Taliban are running around with 30 year old aks in the deserts. It's because they've lasted that long. The Vietcong didn't have a problem with their rifles in Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom