• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ak-47 chest rig

Condor modular chest rig with those open top mags listed above. it has room for an IFAK. I like the one i have or you could get the blackhawk chest rig It looks a little more capable

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the cheap Chinese chest rigs, but they only hold 3 mags.

Beez is nice and customizable.

US Palm holds 4. It's out of stock here, but I'm sure it is sold elsewhere.

TT Mav is another I like, but you have to buy the mag pouches separately. Triad Tactical makes AK specific mag pouches, and there are the TACOs. I like the TACOS of course.

The "Cheap Chinese Chest Rigs" 30 round magazine pouches are made to hold two 30 round mags per cell with plenty od wiggle room left. They hold six 30 rounders, not three.

The "Cheap Chinese Chest Rigs" 30 round magazine pouches are made to hold two 30 round mags per cell with plenty od wiggle room left. They hold six 30 rounders, not three.

No not all of them. In fact of the three I have, none of them hold two mags per pouch. I have one rig where the pouches are short enough to hold 20 rounders, but because the pouches are tight enough, I can also run 30 rounders with no problem.

The 3 main variants of Chinese chest rigs that have been available to buy here or the UK, are the 3 pocket/3 mag, 4 pocket/4 mag, and 3 pocket/6 mag. There are also some smaller pouch variants available, but that is not what the OP is looking for in this case.

How is the quality of the Condors?

I have never used one, but they seem to have a good rep. I have been in classes with some guys running them, and they always had good things to say about them.

No not all of them. In fact of the three I have, none of them hold two mags per pouch. I have one rig where the pouches are short enough to hold 20 rounders, but because the pouches are tight enough, I can also run 30 rounders with no problem.

The 3 main variants of Chinese chest rigs that have been available to buy here or the UK, are the 3 pocket/3 mag, 4 pocket/4 mag, and 3 pocket/6 mag. There are also some smaller pouch variants available, but that is not what the OP is looking for in this case.

I have never used one, but they seem to have a good rep. I have been in classes with some guys running them, and they always had good things to say about them.
Thanks. Just kind of hesitant to get one bc of the whole "you get what you pay for"adage

Back
Top Bottom