• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AITA

From one asshole to another. Don't worry about being the asshole. Embrace itšŸ¤£

I doā€¦šŸ˜‚

IMG_7284.jpeg
I live in the Bush, my Driveway is about a 1/4 mile long with alarms on it and cameras, about 4am, they went off, I jumped out of bed threw on a robe grabbed a 12ga I keep by the back door (with a Bayonet on it) and confronted a dude getting out of a Dark colored small unmarked sedan, who when he saw me, screamed like a little girl and ran around in circles, screaming "Amazon, Amazon, Amazon". He was making an over night delivery. Took me about 5 minutes to get him calmed down. In todays world, you never know what or who you're going to find in your driveway at 4am. :spy:View attachment 6928302

Aww man, I wish you couldā€™ve caught that on video. That would be freakinā€™ hilarious! :pound::pound:

My neighbor who lives down the road dog used to get out all the time. He'd call me and ask for help, I'd ride my Harley around to help him look for it. The dog would recognize me and follow me as I rode slowly back to his home. Maybe he really was obviously just looking for his dog

I never said his story was impossible, just not likely.

If his story is true, and he was just looking for his doggie, then he is simply put; dumb. I hope it is true though. I'd rather he be dumb and me be an Ass hole then he be a criminal looking for his next target.

I donā€™t live out in the sticks but I do live on a decent sized hill. Sometime back in the 90ā€™s about 2:30 am my dogs started raising immortal hell in the backyard, I grabbed my handgun and flashlight and looked out the window to see all four dogs at the fence looking towards the front yard. When I opened the front door I saw this BIG dude walking down the street with a purpose. He noticed me right after passing my driveway and did a quick 90 degree turn right up the hill straight towards me. My heart started racing because this guy was huge, about 6ā€™4ā€ maybe 6ā€™5ā€ & easily 300 lbs and he was coming up that hill quick. I turned sideways with my left side to him and had my pistol down by my right leg where he couldnā€™t see it, thank God my porch light was on because I was about a quarter of a second from drilling this dude from about 6 feet away through the screen door when I saw the badge on his jumpsuit! He was a deputy sheriff looking for an ex boyfriend of the girl two houses down who threw a brick through her window and hit her dead in the face. He asked me to stay inside while they searched for the POS who threw the brick, I said sure thing man and closed the door. I just sat down and shook like I was freezing for about 10 minutes, I came real close to putting an innocent man down and going to prison for life that night. Scared the hell outta me, he never saw my gun though.

NTA.

However, not coming out of the castle is a tactical advantage. My cameras have mics and transmit audio. So I can speak to folks in my driveway without them knowing if I'm even inside the house. No one can claim brandishing or what have you. I could be aimed through the window whilst talking to them through my phone and they'd have no clue. (Never felt the need to do so as of yet)

Not always an option for some folks but it has been highly useful to me. Door stays locked and I remain in a position of dominance while having the necessary verbal exchange with random visitor.

Back
Top Bottom