AITA

Spas-12 Owner

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
NRA Instructor and Chief RSO
565   0
Reaction score
Am I The Ass hole-

*update on post 28*

@ approximately 18:05ETA, my driveway camera notified me of movement, at the same time I heard a motor reving. I pull up the camera to see a motorcycle about 3/4 down my driveway, stopped. I live in the middle of just over 7 acres, one driveway with no trespassing signs at the entrance. No reason for anyone to be down my driveway.

I grab my girls and we set in motion our protection plan. Which is basically they post up in a safe place and I go find out what's going on. I grab my G17 w/tlr1 and check outside. @ this point the dude was now fully in my driveway, right next to my vehicles. I walk around the corner, no shoes on ( that's only important cause I hate walking around barefoot, lol) The gun was by my side when I confronted the trespasser. After a short conversation, he claimed to be my neighbor looking for his dog but didn't have ID. I wished him the best in finding his dog but told him to get off my property. He left w/o any further instances. The gun never left my side.

My family and I discussed the "after action" report and what we could all do better. Everyone is safe now. The little ones didn't have a clue. And only a few items need improvement.

A few after action information:

1. We have seen the type of dog he was looking for, about a month ago on our property. It didn't get close to us amd just left.

2. The name he gave ( Cole ...) doesn't match the titled owner of the property. Now, that doesn't mean he isn't a legal resident of the property, just that he wasn't the legal owner.

3. Photo just cause.

20240213_153950.jpg

It's never a bad thing to be vigilant.

Dude might be a renter and that's why he isn't listed as the owner of the property.

I don't see a need to brandish a weapon unless you are certain there's a threat.

We live on 12 acres and our driveway is a paved 1/4 mile long. We constantly have people accidentally making their way down thinking it's an actual road. If they spend more than a few minutes turning around, I confront them....armed but not advertising. I'm pretty good at getting a read on people and every last one of them were just lost or turned around.

Just remember not everything is a threat and there are still good people....sometimes misguided, but still good people in the world.

It's never a bad thing to be vigilant.

Dude might be a renter and that's why he isn't listed as the owner of the property.

I don't see a need to brandish a weapon unless you are certain there's a threat.

We live on 12 acres and our driveway is a paved 1/4 mile long. We constantly have people accidentally making their way down thinking it's an actual road. If they spend more than a few minutes turning around, I confront them....armed but not advertising. I'm pretty good at getting a read on people and every last one of them were just lost or turned around.

Just remember not everything is a threat and there are still good people....sometimes misguided, but still good people in the world.

I try and stay vigilant.

I understand why you don't open carry/ brandish w/o a threat. And if I had a gun on my person, holsterd, he never would have seen it, however I'm not wasting time to holster a weapon when confronting a trespasser. I was @ home relaxing with a gun close but not on me. "Mexican" carry was not an option.

You can't mistake my driveway for a road. My driveway is gravel and there's a gate I lock at night. Plus there are clearly visible no trespassing signs and there is a turn around at the top before you pass thru my gate and signs.

I try and stay vigilant.

I understand why you don't open carry/ brandish w/o a threat. And if I had a gun on my person, holsterd, he never would have seen it, however I'm not wasting time to holster a weapon when confronting a trespasser. I was @ home relaxing with a gun close but not on me. "Mexican" carry was not an option.

You can't mistake my driveway for a road. My driveway is gravel and there's a gate I lock at night. Plus there are clearly visible no trespassing signs and there is a turn around at the top before you pass thru my gate and signs.
You'd like to think people would see those signs but remember there are folks that drive the wrong way down one way streets past signs and/or run stop signs. And not all of them are drunk. 😂

Just saying people make mistakes is all.

But I don't see a problem with the Doc Holliday behind the back carry. Give you a bit of an advantage if they say,"When".

You'd like to think people would see those signs but remember there are folks that drive the wrong way down one way streets past signs and/or run stop signs. And not all of them are drunk. 😂

Just saying people make mistakes is all.

But I don't see a problem with the Doc Holliday behind the back carry. Give you a bit of an advantage if they say,"When".

I worked in customer service and restaurants for years. You are absolutely correct. People only see what they want.

Back
Top Bottom