• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure outdoors on fire?

Personally I have not been to AO since last March when I moved from Smyrna. They always allowed me to hold and rack guns. I have had as many as 3 pistols on the counter at one time.
Never had a negative experience.

I've just get thru the door in here. No fire, no firefighters, nothing.... Business as usual... A lot of very expensive ammo...

Don't feed the troll... hahaha
20210331_130748.jpg
20210331_130554.jpg
20210331_130512.jpg

Its always an adventure outdoors :)

Nanny bloomturd did his best to ruin theses guys.

Sure did, and it was that reason I drove the distance to buy from them. I figured I was buying anyway so might as well help a GA gun store keep the wolves back.
The Winchester rifles I bought were no issue. The guy handed them to me, I checked them out and bought both of them. It was the next weekend with the pistols that they gave me trouble with.

The most concerning thing to me about AO is the 180 degree experiences people seem to have had. Maybe I just look sketchy. :noidea:
I hope the fire doesn't hurt them too badly, we don't need to loose a gun store that's willing to fight NY no matter what their environment is like.

I just asked one of the employee, said that fire did happened YESTERDAY. Some A.hole was shooting with the wrong ammo and provoked the fire. BUT, just but... range is open as usual right now. By the range door, I could smell the smoke, probably electric components or something related to!

I have bought guns from the old store up the street and the new place and have had a good experience every time. I was in there in 2018 and bought 5 rifles and 3 handguns. Took several of them to get the stuff to the register but then 2 people helped me get it all to the car. Since then I've made single and multiple firearm purchases and have always been happy and satisfied with the experience.

I was there last week, looking for some off the wall stuff and when I talked with the counter guys they didn't recognize what I was looking for but offered to ask other people. Ended up not buying a gun that trip but that is OK. They were not letting anyone handle any of the firearms. Use of mask was OK throughout the store.

I looked for a holster and had a hard time finding what I wanted (I have to wear my glasses and when I have my mask on the glasses get fogged up fast). Didn't find a holster I liked so looked at their ammo. They are like every other place, not stocked deep and what they have is very expensive. I didn't buy anything that trip but the employees I talked with helpful and polite.

I hate it that they took down their online gun list and you can't check their stock from the computer. Over the years I have bought quite a few things from them off their website and they have always had it ready to check out for me when I got there (after requisite paperwork). I also used their website for price checking but now have to do that other ways.

Over the years the local car club has had a car show in their parking lot (up near the road) and they have always made their bathrooms (and snackbar) available to the attendees. They are friendly and usually knew we weren't there shopping for anything other than a place to pee.

All in all they are a big business and they have to do the right things to keep the business safe, including not letting people handle guns (but you can handle everything else in the store and I didn't see anyone wiping anything down). I will continue to shop with them. Sometimes I go with a good idea in mind of what I want but sometimes I just go and impulse buy and I will still buy a weapon even if I can't touch it until I'm outside.

never known them to do that....unless you look sketchy...;)
I saw them make another customer open the bag they just handed to him at a register not 20 feet from the door he was trying to exit through. I could tell the customer was aggravated with the whole process but not as much as I was. So I spoke up and said " I don't have any bags for you to check so both of you can get the **** out of my way."

Back
Top Bottom