• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure outdoors 119 200rds 9mm fmj browning

Value of items are sometimes gauged by what your willing to pay.

You

You have no opinion on what items should cost or is value just gauged by what someone is willing to pay?
Yes, demand side valuation comes into play, but less so in the inelastic type of a market. Gun and ammo markets are perfect example of inelastic production markets. Capital investments into additional capacity are so high, that, no matter how high demand is, manufacturers will not open new lines untill price reaches the point where it can sustain the cost of the additional investment.

As to your second question. My opnion and my valuation are different than yours and do not matter. I have ammo that I bought years ago and paid 15, 18cpr. Then someone who is deciding between the 60cpr, or no ammo. Their choice is different than mine.

Yes, demand side valuation comes into play, but less so in the inelastic type of a market. Gun and ammo markets are perfect example of inelastic production markets. Capital investments into additional capacity are so high, that, no matter how high demand is, manufacturers will not open new lines untill price reaches the point where it can sustain the cost of the additional investment.

As to your second question. My opnion and my valuation are different than yours and do not matter. I have ammo that I bought years ago and paid 15, 18cpr. Then someone who is deciding between the 60cpr, or no ammo. Their choice is different than mine.

I just remember $600 ARs increasing in price to $1500 in one day then eventually being overstocked and selling for $450. Product cost didn't increase just demand. So milking it as hard as possible when the getting is good seem to be the pattern. Not that I blame them. I've gotta decent ammo stash but if I decide to practice twice a month it will drain out eventually.

Back
Top Bottom