• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adventure outdoors 119 200rds 9mm fmj browning

I was in Adventure Outdoors this afternoon and if you bought a hand gun, they sold you a 200 round box of 9mm for 120 had to buy a pistol,. They had 45acp on the shelves if I remember right 50 for 35.00.... The place was "hopping" selling a 12ga. for 220 I think, they were selling like crazy! Handguns going quick as well!!!

While its true some companies are hesitate to invest in thing like buildings and machines because the demand for ammo has serious highs and lows, some actually did get new factories and machines. Remington invested $32 million in a new facility in Arkansas and I want to say another larger manufacture did as well. I guess my other point was that prices fell to a breakeven point. I think prices fell lower than what I had seen since Obama was in office so pre-2008.

FWIW, Remington has been making Ammo at it's Lonoke, Ark. Plant since 1969--As of Nov. 2020, they had 750,000 square feet of manufacturing & warehouse space on 1,200 acres there--Not new & WAY MORE than $32 million invested...

FWIW, Remington has been making Ammo at it's Lonoke, Ark. Plant since 1969--As of Nov. 2020, they had 750,000 square feet of manufacturing & warehouse space on 1,200 acres there--Not new & WAY MORE than $32 million invested...

I'd "assume" ammo companies would learn from past experience and be ready to gear up every 4 years. I'd bet most of these companies have paid off their equipment multiple times over and just need to invent money in maintaining it. Not like they are gearing up to run an entirely new caliber. Even some of the most inept business men should be able to push out tons of bread and butter ammo like 9mm, 22, 45, 556, ect... on a seconds notice if materials are available. Wouldn't a business man want to be prepared to take advantage of panic buying vs having a product sit on shelves for months.

Yes, demand side valuation comes into play, but less so in the inelastic type of a market. Gun and ammo markets are perfect example of inelastic production markets. Capital investments into additional capacity are so high, that, no matter how high demand is, manufacturers will not open new lines untill price reaches the point where it can sustain the cost of the additional investment.

As to your second question. My opnion and my valuation are different than yours and do not matter. I have ammo that I bought years ago and paid 15, 18cpr. Then someone who is deciding between the 60cpr, or no ammo. Their choice is different than mine.
Hot dang! I just learned a new word, "inelastic." Who said surfing ODT was a waste of time!

Back
Top Bottom