• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Add mandatory miles description to vehicle posts?!

Well, we haven't had a post bitching about people not putting the miles in their vehicle for sale posts and honestly it's about time for one.

Can't we just add a field and make it mandatory like the price/value one?!

Or pictures........why do so many think they can sell a vehicle with no pictures?

"Can send pics if interested"

If you can send pics you can post pics!

How about if a potential buyer wants the VIN to do a CarFax / Title Search the seller just PMs them? I know of one seller that refused to give me the VIN until I drove across the state to see the car? Huh? One photo clearly showed body work and a poor repaint job, but the guy swore there were no accidents. When I finally did get the VIN (after he re listed the ad about 3-4 times) there were not one, but two accidents on file.

Likewise, there was a guy selling a car locally who was totally disinterested when he learned I lived less than 20 minutes from him. He wanted someone to drive a long way and make their decision to buy on the spot. I wanted to look at the car, test drive it, then consider it. I get that he wanted a sale, but he had zero interest in me looking at the car and getting a CarFax type report.

Red Flag awards to people who won't be honest. If you want to be a used car salesman, go put on some plaid pants and get off the ODT.

How about if a potential buyer wants the VIN to do a CarFax / Title Search the seller just PMs them? I know of one seller that refused to give me the VIN until I drove across the state to see the car? Huh? One photo clearly showed body work and a poor repaint job, but the guy swore there were no accidents. When I finally did get the VIN (after he re listed the ad about 3-4 times) there were not one, but two accidents on file.

Likewise, there was a guy selling a car locally who was totally disinterested when he learned I lived less than 20 minutes from him. He wanted someone to drive a long way and make their decision to buy on the spot. I wanted to look at the car, test drive it, then consider it. I get that he wanted a sale, but he had zero interest in me looking at the car and getting a CarFax type report.

Red Flag awards to people who won't be honest. If you want to be a used car salesman, go put on some plaid pants and get off the ODT.

I just dealt with that same insanity last weekend. Guy in Cleveland Tenn didn’t have a carfax and wouldn’t send the VIN. Turns out it was a POS chop/rebuild place with rusty crap.

Back
Top Bottom