• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Acworth residents heads up.. gas pump kindnapping foiled.

About 3 weeks ago a couple of miles from there at Hickory grove and Baker rd a liquor store owner was robbed then shot. This whole area is going down hill. The liquor store is less than a mile from the house.

Yeah very sad. I’ve been in there several times.. he was a good guy. I hope he is doing okay.

open the borders and more of this crap happens.................
Well... that may or may not be the case right? I would guess that border states probably encounter more problems with illegals from Mexico and Central America . Look at all the shootings/robberies/car break ins/ happening in Atlanta, Americans are doing those. Don’t get me wrong, I believe that there needs to be a tight screening process for immigration and the northern( even though we don’t get much murderers coming in from Canada ) and southern borders need to be closed.

they require no smoking at the pumps and what not, makes sense to me to restrict the advertising too and blaring TVs at the pump so people are not distracted while pumping gas.

Simple answer is to ignore them I guess. I'm never in the area between the truck and the pumps anyway. I start it off then move to the front up by the hood.

A few years ago I had a pair of guys block me in the 'alleyway' between the pump and the car. That was my fault since I saw one but didn't see the other come around the 'back' of the pumps.

The one I saw asked me if I knew where he would go to get a carry license. I moved my hand off the pump and put my back to the truck when I saw the second dude. My hand went towards my holster as I told him "In Cobb county it's the Probate Court in Marietta".

He and his friend both backed off then and walked across the street and behind the hotel there. I've never heard a more blatant 'interview' question in my life and you could tell that the answer I gave (plus my obvious move towards my gun) unnerved them.

Since then I get out of that 'alleyway' as soon as the pump is running. I feel much better at the front or back corner where there's no way to get trapped.

It’s been my experience that when I intervene (car fire - CPR - car wreck - first aid - peacekeeper - drowning - etc) Their is usually someone already there doing nothing except maybe videoing with a smartphone

I don’t know what’s wrong with these people but there’s too many of them among us

Or maybe it’s just me and some kind of misplaced white knight syndrome that’s the problem

I think in a lot of cases people simply don't have a clue what to do...

Most of the folks on ODT would have a gun on them, but they also probably have a fire extinguisher in their vehicle, and probably a first aid kit and the basic knowledge to use it as well.

That's a tiny fraction of the whole population though. In almost any situation the vast majority of the people present simply won't have a clue as to what to do.

Yeah very sad. I’ve been in there several times.. he was a good guy. I hope he is doing okay.
He’s at home now, still hasn’t been back to his store. I would stop in there maybe once a week. When I see him again I’m going to offer to take him to the shooting range. He’s a really nice guy, I hate that this area has been overrun trash.

Simple answer is to ignore them I guess. I'm never in the area between the truck and the pumps anyway. I start it off then move to the front up by the hood.

A few years ago I had a pair of guys block me in the 'alleyway' between the pump and the car. That was my fault since I saw one but didn't see the other come around the 'back' of the pumps.

The one I saw asked me if I knew where he would go to get a carry license. I moved my hand off the pump and put my back to the truck when I saw the second dude. My hand went towards my holster as I told him "In Cobb county it's the Probate Court in Marietta".

He and his friend both backed off then and walked across the street and behind the hotel there. I've never heard a more blatant 'interview' question in my life and you could tell that the answer I gave (plus my obvious move towards my gun) unnerved them.

Since then I get out of that 'alleyway' as soon as the pump is running. I feel much better at the front or back corner where there's no way to get trapped.

I think in a lot of cases people simply don't have a clue what to do...

Most of the folks on ODT would have a gun on them, but they also probably have a fire extinguisher in their vehicle, and probably a first aid kit and the basic knowledge to use it as well.

That's a tiny fraction of the whole population though. In almost any situation the vast majority of the people present simply won't have a clue as to what to do.

Well I guess when the **** gets around to finally hitting the fan and the zombie apocalypse gets here it’ll be less of a common irritation

Should thin the herd quite a bit I suppose

My Daughter’s girlfriend she goes to the gym with was almost kidnapped by two “possible” foreign guys who approached her at a gas pump with a cell phone translating his words into english.
The first man approached her and was speaking into his phone in a foreign language while it translated “I’m from Cali and I need money for gas and I have two kids stuck with me in my van over there.”
She said “I don’t have any money” and when she said that another man grabbed her from behind and the guy in front grabbed her from the front and they began dragging her screaming to their mini van.
Almost everyone ignored what was going on in broad daylight at this QT gas station except for one brave man who came running over yelling at them in which they finally let her go and jumped in their van and ran off.

As of right now the police are investigating the store cameras and doing what they’re gonna do.
That being said she’s the luckiest girl on the planet and her Husband owes that hero a new car, gun or a few mortgage payments at least .

I’m hoping someone here on the ODT knows who the hero is that foiled this crime so we can start a donation fund to buy him something bad azz as a token for all Husbands and boyfriends on behalf of their own beloved and cherished female counterparts.

I havent heard of anything on the news but would encourage any links to be posted.
My Daughter said her female friend usually carries her pistol on her but didn’t this time as she was only running a quick errand to refuel.

I often find myself thinking the same thing and then common sense kicks in every time and I strap that puppy on as it’s engrained in me.
Never leave home without it.
Got a description of the van? Tag number?

I'm at that QT now and there's a shady white Nissan panel van with FL plate. Dude is asleep in it.

Back
Top Bottom