Accepting a payment from across country

Why not a bank transfer from his bank to yours.i transferred 20 grand recently and it cost 35.00

Did you transfer it to someone you know and trust? Or do they trust you? There is a lot of information that has to be given for a wire...Bank account #, routing #, etc...Not comforting when dealing with a total stranger. Not for me, anyway.

Did you transfer it to someone you know and trust? Or do they trust you? There is a lot of information that has to be given for a wire...Bank account #, routing #, etc...Not comforting when dealing with a total stranger. Not for me, anyway.
Yes it was my daughter,but could he deal with his bank I dealed with her bank sitting at my bank.

Yes it was my daughter,but could he deal with his bank I dealed with her bank sitting at my bank.

He mentioned 3 different banks, none of which I have an account, but all of them were big, well known banks. This is part of the reason I was considering it. He called me, spoke with me for a little while, and seemed to know what he was talking about with the guitar. I have dealt with guitars for 30 years, so he could not fake it. He also offered multiple ways to pay, and asked which way was the best for me. He also seemed to be wary of trusting me with a sizable amount, even though we got along well on the phone. He wasn't some hack who did not know anything about the subject. Not at all. Still, when it comes.to money and scams, even a knowledgeable person will rip a guy a new one.

This is tough. I still have my guitar and feel more comfortable dealing face to face, with cash.

Back
Top Bottom