Accepting a payment from across country

Problem became...you deposit it and a week later it comes back as no good and the money comes back out of your account. The fraudsters knew they had time to get the item and be in the wind.

It still happens too. Some of the fakes are very well done. Many times tellers can't tell they are fake.

I don"t know about some of these, but money orders and certified checks are riddled with fraud. Even a cashier's check would be safer than a certified check
Not an option in this case..
Even PayPal isn't as secure as most people think.

We're talking a few grand here. I am not taking the risk. I have decided. I have spoken. So it is written. So let it be done. (I think Chuck Heston used that line)
if you get a usps money order, and cash it at the post office, and receive cash after the teller verified the money order as legitimate completing the transaction. You can't get defrauded out of your money.

I would say paypal good and services, he pays the 3%, and you ship with tracking, insurance and proof of signature/delivery AFTER the paypal funds have cleared your bank account.

if you get a usps money order, and cash it at the post office, and receive cash after the teller verified the money order as legitimate completing the transaction. You can't get defrauded out of your money.

That's why I am all for this method, but only if they cash it. If they tell me to take it to the bank, and they may, I will tell the buyer to wait a month, or forget it.

Back
Top Bottom