• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AA 2460 in .308 Experience?

Smiley

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
58   0
Reaction score
Just picked up a LB today to try. I have been loading Reloder 15 and Varget, but they have both been a little scarce. Never used 2460 before but have really liked all of the Accurate powders I have used in the past. AA#5 is my go to for .45ACP and #7 for my 9mm has been performing really well.

Any thoughts?

I used several of their powders in the early/mid 90's. 2520 in the .308, 2700 in a couple of calibers too. I've got a pound or two of their 4064 now.

Locally it became hit and miss on availability. Bullet manufacture data was scarce. Their own data is so conservative that I finally gave up fooling with it.

I still like #5 in the 45 acp and #7 works great for the 9 and .40, but that's about the extent of my use of Accurate brand powders now.

It's really fine ball type powder that I had issues in an old (23 years) Redding competition measure (drum type) that is still being produced. I had to hand throw each charge and use my powder trickler to finish it off, weighing every charge.

Otherwise it was very consistent, clean burning and ran well in both my semi-auto and bolt gun.

Back
Top Bottom