• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

A New Challenger Has Appeared! IWI Carmel, the Hebrew AR18 Hammer

Meh, maybe 20 years ago.
So about 2k from what the trijicon website shows. In a real world situation, unless I'm dealing with someone or people who are highly trained, I'm not worried about a 4k scope. Maybe I'll get a more expensive lpvo that goes between 1 to 10x, but who's to say a person can get taken out by a hi-point, crap happens at any moment. Competition shooting that's understood, but I don't do that. Crazy prices for that stuff, cool, but hell the worlds deadliest sniper can take a person out with a generic scope

So about 2k from what the trijicon website shows. In a real world situation, unless I'm dealing with someone or people who are highly trained, I'm not worried about a 4k scope. Maybe I'll get a more expensive lpvo that goes between 1 to 10x, but who's to say a person can get taken out by a hi-point, crap happens at any moment. Competition shooting that's understood, but I don't do that. Crazy prices for that stuff, cool, but hell the worlds deadliest sniper can take a person out with a generic scope
Again, better stuff is better. That's just reality.

You can change out the receiver and rail on the carmel? How bout the plastic crappy folding mechanism? Or how about the gargantuan receiver? If you can do all that, maybe worth seeing how it functions and it may be worth getting over a scar 16, or Bren, or jakl, or urx, or acr, or pwsm or any other of the piston systems out there. Otherwise, and compared to what is already on the market, with some being heavily battle-tested, I see no interest in the carmel outside of a novelty piece.

And then you go on with some sort of comparision of ergos vs aesthetics, like it matters to anyone here or it makes any sort of sense to your argument.
As asked... did you shoot it? Bren2 carbine 2k+, jakl yeah I can find it, acr...2k+ discontinued, scar16... why when the 17 is better 2800 before covid prices... are bren2 carbines in stores??? Nope novelty item, acr???nope novelty item, jakl... unless you get lucky and find it in a pawn like I did... nope gotta order from the company.

You can change out the receiver and rail on the carmel? How bout the plastic crappy folding mechanism? Or how about the gargantuan receiver? If you can do all that, maybe worth seeing how it functions and it may be worth getting over a scar 16, or Bren, or jakl, or urx, or acr, or pwsm or any other of the piston systems out there. Otherwise, and compared to what is already on the market, with some being heavily battle-tested, I see no interest in the carmel outside of a novelty piece.

And then you go on with some sort of comparision of ergos vs aesthetics, like it matters to anyone here or it makes any sort of sense to your argument.
Just say it's too heavy for you, she is a thick girl

As asked... did you shoot it? Bren2 carbine 2k+, jakl yeah I can find it, acr...2k+ discontinued, scar16... why when the 17 is better 2800 before covid prices... are bren2 carbines in stores??? Nope novelty item, acr???nope novelty item, jakl... unless you get lucky and find it in a pawn like I did... nope gotta order from the company.
WTF are talking about?

Why a 16 over a 17? Cuz the 16 is most similar to the carmel catagory in that it is a 556 chambered gun. 17 certainly is not a concensus better better gun. It's just large frame. And plenty of 16's in stores all over the place.

Bren 2's - yes - in plenty of stores. Moreso than a Carmel
Jakl - ok, so order it? Why is that so difficult? You were the one that wanted to talk about PSA products anyways.
ACR - they are still out there, and it is directly tied to what the Carmel tried to be. So of course there is going to be a comparision there.

WTF are talking about?

Why a 16 over a 17? Cuz the 16 is most similar to the carmel catagory in that it is a 556 chambered gun. 17 certainly is not a concensus better better gun. It's just large frame. And plenty of 16's in stores all over the place.

Bren 2's - yes - in plenty of stores. Moreso than a Carmel
Jakl - ok, so order it? Why is that so difficult? You were the one that wanted to talk about PSA products anyways.
ACR - they are still out there, and it is directly tied to what the Carmel tried to be. So of course there is going to be a comparision there.
You show me a store in Georgia that has a 16 inch barrel bren2, not 8,11, or 14 that needs to be p&w or sbr...
acr who's gonna pay 2200+ for a discontinued rifle, novelty item
jakl, sold it, waiting for the 308,
scar 16? Why in 556 when I can get a 17 in 308. All irrelevant

Back
Top Bottom