• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A New Challenger Has Appeared! IWI Carmel, the Hebrew AR18 Hammer

David's Gun Room

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Gunsmithing, Sales, and Safes!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
5   0
Reaction score
Been seeing the new IWI Carmel's in stock. Have handled a couple. Feels light, just bulky. it is like the CZ Bren 2 had a baby with a Beretta ARX160. They went with an aluminum mlok rail instead of the cool slanted looking picatinny rail they had on the Israeli market guns. I like the pencil profile barrel. I hear it is very soft shooting and likes running suppressed. Unfortunately, they run a proprietary trigger but from what I have read it isn't bad. Seeing them sell in stores around the 16-1700 price point for a Hebrew scar is appealing. May get one after my surgery, and hk mr762 I have planned. Anyone planning on getting one?

Been seeing the new IWI Carmel's in stock. Have handled a couple. Feels light, just bulky. it is like the CZ Bren 2 had a baby with a Beretta ARX160. They went with an aluminum mlok rail instead of the cool slanted looking picatinny rail they had on the Israeli market guns. I like the pencil profile barrel. I hear it is very soft shooting and likes running suppressed. Unfortunately, they run a proprietary trigger but from what I have read it isn't bad. Seeing them sell in stores around the 16-1700 price point for a Hebrew scar is appealing. May get one after my surgery, and hk mr762 I have planned. Anyone planning on getting one?
They are a lot of fun to shoot !

Haven't shot it yet, but the store I got it from had already sent it to iwi for the recall so it's ready to rock. Hey guys had to update so these majestic trolls will find something else to focus on. One troll said it was no good so I popped her cherry, his sidekicks are trolling also so I updated the status, looking for a bren2, but might just keep this as a novelty piece.

Attachments

• 20240308_101323.jpg
    20240308_101323.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 207
I haven't shot one, but I handled one at a trade show recently. I gotta say, I hated just about everything about it. What's it trying to be? A battle rifle, but the wrong chambering and barrel? A cqb gun, but chonkier than Rosie O'Donnel after a twinky bender? The magwell is ****ed up and makes loading slow, crap trigger, bad ergos. What's to like? AR's win, just admit it.

Well they cannot be that good😂
Well you name me one company that's released the perfect, off the market non mistake rifle... the vector is ugly as sin but people love them, the tavor, Aug, fs2000, scar, bren2, etc, but people still buy them. It's too heavy?? Nah maybe because I carried a 249, 240, and m2 everyday in Afghanistan. Folks complain about everything, but atleast the company notified everyone about it before mass production and not just covering it up, like sig

Back
Top Bottom