• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9.3x62

Yea, I've been missing my fovorite bottle of 16 year Lagavulin Islay Single Malt "Double Matured". Used to sip it slowly to enjoy every heavy smokey flavor. Pure bliss.

I don't get too spendy on scotch these day's though, so my regular drink is Famous Grouse Smokey Black. Just enough flavor to drink on the rocks. Every now and then I'll splurge for Johnny Walker Black.

I get one GOOD bottle a year, never lasts like I plan. Those peaty ones kill me though. Laphroig, oh no, smells like waking up in hospital. When I go back to Australia I get my old man a bottle of Johnny Walker Green at the tax free shop, don't know how that tradition started, but it is one now. Thats got a little bit of peat on it, about as much as I can do. Spent many years running Hospitality venues, gave me a taste for spirits I will never fork out for. Oh well.

I had a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 I bought on a whim because it was a decent deal. Couldn't figure out what I would actually do with it and sold it off pretty quickly. If I lived in Montana or some place I probably would have kept it. Beautiful rifle.
Awesome rifles, if it was the fullstock I wouldn't be able to sell that off. Started planning my 50th, still a couple of years off, an hoping to hunt in Alaska for it. Where you sleep onboard an get dropped off on Kodiak every day. The budget would only be stretching to deer, but I think the 9.3x62 might be comforting to use.

Reactions: GFB
Awesome rifles, if it was the fullstock I wouldn't be able to sell that off. Started planning my 50th, still a couple of years off, an hoping to hunt in Alaska for it. Where you sleep onboard an get dropped off on Kodiak every day. The budget would only be stretching to deer, but I think the 9.3x62 might be comforting to use.

It was the Euro stock (aka Bavarian style stock) which is my favorite, same as my 7x57. I'd definitely have liked to have kept it around if I spent time in big bear country. Funny thing is, the guy who bought it from me wanted it for his do everything rifle and he hunted primarily in the Carolinas. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom