• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9.3x62

Dundee

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
48   0
Reaction score
A bit of a random calibre, but if anyones got one theres still 64 boxes left at $23.49. I actually found the ammo first, bought a bunch of it and then searched out and bought the gun to shoot it in. Been wanting a big boomer for awhile, but after dislocating my shoulder a year ago thought I'd better hold off on getting a 458wm. This might even be biting off a bit much to chew for awhile, guess I'll find out.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889696341

Always wanted a rifle chambered in 9.3x62, think of it as a slightly more powerful 35 Whelen. It's been around since 1905 & was designed to offer early Africa colonist's a cheaper rifle option than needing the more expensive larger actions of the day to hunt big game.

You can currently get 35caliber.com to rebore a standard long action rifle into this cartridge. I'm very tempted to send out my Howa 270 to have it done.

The $12.95 shipping cost is a bit much for one box, and looks to go up $3 per box from there.

I'd seen some old Husqvarnas 9.3x62 popping up on Simpson LTD, snagged one for <$500. Bought enough of the ammo to make the price per box ok-ish.
I think it's JES Reboring who is also 35caliber.com, based in Oregon. I'd wanted to get an old Remington 760 in 30/06 rebored to 9.3, but apparently in my model with the rear sight being attached how it is don't have quite enough room to cut that diameter.
Handled one in a shop a few years ago, Tikka Battue in 9.3x62, so if I like the round, guess I'll put one on the want list.

That Tikka Battue does look good & I had passed on a few Husqvarna's on Gunbroker when a bunch of them were imported to the states before Covid19 hit us. I kick myself now for not picking one up.

According to the listing the seller is Governors Gun Club in Kennesaw. Couldn't you go there and purchase it to save the shipping costs?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A shot of Bunnahabhain 12 year straight up to start..... an then onto Jamesons is my usual routine.

Still mourning the end of my Bunnahabhain 18 year old bottle. Got it early November, was rationing a sip every two weeks, accidentally knocked it back Christmas Eve.

Yea, I've been missing my fovorite bottle of 16 year Lagavulin Islay Single Malt "Double Matured". Used to sip it slowly to enjoy every heavy smokey flavor. Pure bliss.

I don't get too spendy on scotch these day's though, so my regular drink is Famous Grouse Smokey Black. Just enough flavor to drink on the rocks. Every now and then I'll splurge for Johnny Walker Black.

I had a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 I bought on a whim because it was a decent deal. Couldn't figure out what I would actually do with it and sold it off pretty quickly. If I lived in Montana or some place I probably would have kept it. Beautiful rifle.

Back
Top Bottom