• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-20 Hunt

Here's how my hunt went this afternoon.

IMG_20200920_181614887.jpg

Heck yea man! Congrats on the 1st bow kill!

Congrats man awesome first bow kill:thumb:

Congratulations man! Ain't nothing like it!

Always remember; any deer with a bow is a trophy!

Thanks yall!!!

Awesome Sam. Congrats! I bet you're hooked now....ready to hang up the rifle lol?
thanks bud! Im ready to hang up the rifle for sure. I actually had to calm myself down before I could shoot. It hasn't been that way with a rifle in a couple years, ill shake after the fact but not before. With a bow I'm shaking like a leaf on a tree.

Got my first bow kill after nearly 12 years of bow hunting this morning at 0730. I missed a doe last night and was beating myself up pretty hard about missing a doe at 20 yards and I shot this guy at 25 this morning. He ran about 80 yards and crashed. My arrow hit the left shoulder on its way through and stopped. It broke off part of the way up the arrow and it fell out on the entry side and freaked me out. Not knowing it was broken. But he was falling as he was running still so I knew I hit him good. I've killed a pile of deer but never one with a bow. I'm beyond proud and happy about this buck. View attachment 2831234

Nice job man!
That’s a pretty buck....look how perfectly his coloring matches that pine straw .
Always baffles me how some deer have grays and dark browns and then you get these guys that blend into the ground cover like nobody’s business.
If you didn’t stop him with your bow he may have eluded the dinner plate for quite some time.

thanks!! I've been discouraged after all the times I've not dropped one with a bow. Now all I wanna use is my bow

Me too....well crossbow is my favorite but don’t do like me and like it so much that you take it during rifle season instead of your rifle.
I passed on taking a shot on a monster trophy buck whith the whitest/fattest tines Ive ever seen in the wild and also on a monster black bear that weighed at least 650#.
Both out of comfortable archery range but if I had my 300 win mag I would have had some bragging rights.
Nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom