• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/11 never forget !

Today is a day of remembrance of all of those that lost their lives. A day of honor for those that put other's lives before theirs and a day of thanks to those that still do. Today, take the time to thank a service member, a police officer, a fire fighter or an EMT. Let then know you appreciate everything they do.

Never Forget.

The night of that tragic day, I had gone to the store for some groceries. A young guy on a motorcycle turned on a street at the same time as I did, from an opposite direction, not realizing he had a yield sign. We almost collided and as he passed me he flicked me off. I was not a LEO at the time (9/11 was a big reason for my decision), and I will admit that my emotions were running high and I honked my horn and flashed my lights at him. We pulled into the same grocery store, and he parked two spots away. He got out cussing, as did I.

I can't recall all we said, but we both looked at each other for a second, and agreed that this day had everyone a little hot. We ended the "confrontation" with a "man hug", and went our seperate ways. I will never forget that day, or the unity it brought to our country, if only for a short time.

God Bless the U.S.A. !

Yep

Attachments

• 551646_468675699819771_244562824_n[1].jpg
    551646_468675699819771_244562824_n[1].jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 22
God Bless the United States of America. I remember that warm November day walking home from elementary school on Nov 22 1963 when Pres Kennedy was killed in Dallas. Some guy passed by in his car with window down and radio on. That's how I learned of his death. On Sept 11 2001 I was on my way to the office. No way I will ever forget!!

Sitting in mr kellys 5th grade class, back desk, 4th row from the right. We was just about to start doing a math lesson when a teacher from across the hall came in and told him what happen. We spent the rest of the day watching the news. Most of us left that day to be with family because nobody knew what was going to happen. We thought we were under attack. I will never forget watching the planes crash into the towers, then seeing the towers fall. 3 years later... summer after 8th grade, NJHS, we took a trip to NY and viewed ground zero first hand. Chill bumps all over, a cool breeze blowing which slightly moved a flag station at ground zero across the street from the church. A crane was strait across from us moving large i beams. It had a large flag hanging from the end of it waving in the wind. Looking at the cross that was left standing after the towers collapsed. I remember tears starting to form and having a flashback to what we seen on tv just 4 years before that. At the time it happened we were to young to truly understand what was happening. But standing at ground zero, older and able to understand what took place there, i will never forget that feeling. 9/11/01- Never Forget.

We must always remember. I don't scare very easy but that day scared me. I've never been that afraid nor have I been that afraid since. Life can end in the blink of an eye, the world we know can change just like that. It's sad that it takes events like that to unite us as one.

Back
Top Bottom