• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$850 later...

It is the best programer, to put custom tunes on. The canned tune is a powerboost but getting a semi custom tune from someone like vivian will be far more efficient.

The tune is 55$ not 50 anymore and they will give you a refund i think if you dont like it. Its all done through email, not a full custom tune. I highly recommend it. I pushed about 410hp ish on stock injectors and 03 turbo

It is the best programer, to put custom tunes on. The canned tune is a powerboost but getting a semi custom tune from someone like vivian will be far more efficient.

The tune is 55$ not 50 anymore and they will give you a refund i think if you dont like it. Its all done through email, not a full custom tune. I highly recommend it. I pushed about 410hp ish on stock injectors and 03 turbo

So, the email you the tune and you load it on the SCT programmer then load into truck's computers? Is there anyone local (in GA) that I can take the truck to and have them make a custom tune for a reasonable price (like the $55 from Vivian)? I have never delved into the world of custom tuning. All I have ever done is added a few bolt ons and canned tunes.

I think this truck was running an SCT tune....
388726_10150382705198300_855937944_n.jpg

Power hungry performance is around atl. PhP also has a ficm tuner that is the bees knees. Most guys just do the email tune, a full custom tune is going to cost a couple hundred and not really needed for simple bolt ons like you have. Drop that vivian lady a email and let her give younthe sales pitch. Ive done both canned and email and thendriving experience is worlds difference

http://store.gopowerhungry.com/

Power hungry performance is around atl. PhP also has a ficm tuner that is the bees knees. Most guys just do the email tune, a full custom tune is going to cost a couple hundred and not really needed for simple bolt ons like you have. Drop that vivian lady a email and let her give younthe sales pitch. Ive done both canned and email and thendriving experience is worlds difference

I will do that sometime this weekend. Thanks!!

Long story short, brakes went out of truck last week. Well, technically didn't go out, but went from everything is fine to earth shattering, soul stealing, mama hide your babies, scrubbing/squeeling over night. Took it to mechanic, and foolishly told him to fix it as cheaply as possible. That was a huge mistake. Got truck back the next day and it was worse than when I took it in. Still scrubbing and squeeling, but now pulling really bad and entire front end bouncing. Pretty sure something broke on the way back to the mechanic on Tuesday night.

Now back w/ a new wheel hub, all 4 rotors turned and all 4 brake pads replaced.

But, had to have them readjust the front driver's side again since it was still scrubbing.

So, my question is: does $850 sound like a decent price for the above work on a 03 F250 4 wheel drive w/ 8" lift? I may be in the market for a new mechanic's shop. My guy has always done me right in the past, but it seems as if he's priorities are more focused on his drag car than on customers. And, he isn't checking up on his employee's work.
To be fair to you and your shop you got a decent price. If you would have came to my shop and had the same work It would have been $802-$1150 with tax and labor. The difference in price is the difference in quality of the parts. Both jobs would have come with a 24 month 24,000 mi warranty. To all the self proclaimed mechanical geniuses here on the odt I love you. You guys pay my bills by ****ing you cars and trucks up and then letting real mechanics fix what you made worse. It's not always about how cheap can I get x. It's about quality, knowledge and integrity. The noise and pulling you heard after you left is not cool but totally explainable. You asked to fix the brakes and cheap and more than likely that's exactly what they did. It's highly possible that the nose and pulling were caused by the bearing being seized. Either way they should have caught that and told you in advance. I' figured I'd lend my opinion

Talked to Sean at Power Hungry Performance, and he suggests a 100hp tune @ $75.00, but says that the stock transmission/drive train can handle 140hp w/o any problems. So, that I was thinking was get one from Vivian for 125hp and $55. How does that sound?

Back
Top Bottom