• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

45 years

I never did fall in love again. I married again and had children but I could have kept her or left her. What I am trying to say is that it takes two very special people to make it over the long haul and for that I have to give you props.
I am truly sorry for you.

Awesome. Congrats to you both!
Before I met my wife in ‘78 the longest I had been dating any girl was 2 months and that was only one, nobody else lasted more than two weeks. Then I met her, ”THE ONE.” I knew within minutes of meeting her I would marry that girl, I even called my best friend and told him. Of course he said I was full of **** and laughed. Six & a half months later he was the best man in my wedding. I sure wish he was still alive to see we’ve made it this long. It’s really hard to believe that was 45 years ago Saturday, I still can’t believe I’ve lived long enough to see it. It was by far the best anniversary we’ve had yet, I STILL love her more now than I did 45 years ago. I’m a very lucky man, I picked the RIGHT ONE the 1st time even though my parents didn’t, Dad was married and divorced four times and Mom was married and divorced EIGHT times! I vowed when I was 12 years old I would NOT live like that or put my kids through that crap and I haven’t. A marriage takes love, work and commitment….🤙
That's beautiful and a true gift from God! Congratulations!

I don’t think I ever said “congrats” to you Tazz Tazz for the long haul ! It is a great milestone both you and her should be proud of and every right to be so ! We definitely need more of this today.
I am glad I came back to re-read this thread …… CONGRATS to the BOTH of you ! :)

I don’t think I ever said “congrats” to you Tazz Tazz for the long haul ! It is a great milestone both you and her should be proud of and every right to be so ! We definitely need more of this today.
I am glad I came back to re-read this thread …… CONGRATS to the BOTH of you ! :)

But I knew you was thinkin’ it. 😎😂

45yrs on the first try WOW! Many never find that one special person. Congratulations and I wish you many more Sir.

It took me two failed ones with two crazy women, stolen car, stolen gun, thousands of dollars spent, 8 stiches to my forehead, attempted stabbing with a knife and hate and discontent enough for 10 marriages to get where I am now. I went through all that to meet my special person and we hit 25yrs 2/15/24.

45yrs on the first try WOW! Many never find that one special person. Congratulations and I wish you many more Sir.

It took me two failed ones with two crazy women, stolen car, stolen gun, thousands of dollars spent, 8 stiches to my forehead, attempted stabbing with a knife and hate and discontent enough for 10 marriages to get where I am now. I went through all that to meet my special person and we hit 25yrs 2/15/24.

Congratulations sir! Our youngest son and our daughter-in-law will hit 11 years on 2/11/24. Twenty five years is nothing to sneeze at, seems like just a couple of years ago was our 25th. We have a comparison portrait of us at our wedding reception and one at our 25th anniversary party, what a freakin’ difference. lol! Now all of a sudden 20 more years have flown by! It’s kind of strange but I knew when I was 12 years old I would find the right girl, we’d have 2 sons and I’d spend the rest of my life with her. We’ve had plenty of obstacles along the way, I came real close to dying several times in our first 25 years. Finally found a good doctor who figured out I had been misdiagnosed for the last12 years by another doctor and he got my BP under control, less than a year later my wife was diagnosed with MS and had 3 heart attacks between 2017 & ‘18 but you can’t hold that woman back! She’s out with a couple of her sisters and a friend right now. And she drove herself there, she needs a cane to get around now and her hair is silver/almost white instead of dark brown but I still see that teenaged girl I met way back in in ‘78. We’re certainly not wealthy by any means but I’m still the richest & luckiest man on the planet. 😎

Congratulations! I'll hit 45 later this year too! Your story sounds like mine...met her when I was sixteen and knew she was all I'd ever want. Dated until high school graduation and got married! Friends on both sides said we'd never last but we knew we were made for each other.

Back
Top Bottom