• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

45 years

Before I met my wife in ‘78 the longest I had been dating any girl was 2 months and that was only one, nobody else lasted more than two weeks. Then I met her, ”THE ONE.” I knew within minutes of meeting her I would marry that girl, I even called my best friend and told him. Of course he said I was full of **** and laughed. Six & a half months later he was the best man in my wedding. I sure wish he was still alive to see we’ve made it this long. It’s really hard to believe that was 45 years ago Saturday, I still can’t believe I’ve lived long enough to see it. It was by far the best anniversary we’ve had yet, I STILL love her more now than I did 45 years ago. I’m a very lucky man, I picked the RIGHT ONE the 1st time even though my parents didn’t, Dad was married and divorced four times and Mom was married and divorced EIGHT times! I vowed when I was 12 years old I would NOT live like that or put my kids through that crap and I haven’t. A marriage takes love, work and commitment….🤙
Beautiful post! After my first divorce ( she was cheating for a long time ) I never thought I would meet somebody decent. I am a Christian and I thought she was one too. Well she was the type to take me to church on Sunday and then cheat Monday. 🤣 Blew that theory! I never did fall in love again. I married again and had children but I could have kept her or left her. What I am trying to say is that it takes two very special people to make it over the long haul and for that I have to give you props. That goes for you and your wife. Please tell her that. I respect you both for the commitment you honored all those years. God bless you both and my you have many more years together. Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Love is grand.
( Divorce is a few hundred grand. ) 🤣🤣🤣
This is a classic statement and I love it.
It’s true too ! At least all the guys I have seen get divorced will say so ….. fortunately I and the wifey are not among that group !! :becky:
(I hope not anyway, the way I have not been able to remember much lately….
I can’t be sure of anything ! lol. 😆 )

Back
Top Bottom