• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3d printing?

Ordered Ender V2 from Microcenter’s warehouse... $290 with next day shipping. Cheapest place I’ve found, and looks like they have a good warranty. Amazon was up to ~$313 with tax... any upgrades I should get now?

Ordered Ender V2 from Microcenter’s warehouse... $290 with next day shipping. Cheapest place I’ve found, and looks like they have a good warranty. Amazon was up to ~$313 with tax... any upgrades I should get now?

The V2 basically covers all the upgrades most people do to the stock Ender....once you get into it “maybe” a BLtouch sensor but I prefer the ole paper level method

I engineered my own proximity sensor with a relay to perform auto bed leveling. I tried inductive and capacitive sensors, small and normal body diameter and finally settled on a normal diameter inductive. Still occasionally have to level the bed, maybe twice a year, as it gets so far out of adjustment that the bed mesh has a hard time compensating. I bought a BL touch but the inductive is working well enough I haven't messed with it. Eventually I'll turn some aluminum bushings on thd lathe and take out the original tension springs........maybe. or maybe I'll just leave this now 3-1/2 year old printer running until I get a newer/better/faster one.

The bride ordered the Ender V2 today too. Won’t be here till Wednesday though. That’ll give me more time to study up on it. Pretty pumped...

Have you got yours setup and running? Received mine yesterday but probably won’t be able to set it up till the weekend.

Have you got yours setup and running? Received mine yesterday but probably won’t be able to set it up till the weekend.

Got it ~50% complete, then realized I was missing the “Z axis passive block,” no where in box. Should have done inventory before I began. Going to take a trip to Microcenter to see if they’ll help make it right, I’ll update later.

Back
Top Bottom