• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

309 Kids Died of Covid - CDC

These are pretty selective stats on the graphic. If you're going to use some of the data, you should include all of the data... which has a total death toll that's way worse than any flu season.

This is from the page linked in the original post:

View attachment 3300311

This info graphic is pretty blatantly saying f-u to anyone over 45, lol.

Excess deaths does not mean they died from covid. Additionally, I personally had a family friend pass away from a known health issue and they put cause of death COVID-19 on his death certificate. Those numbers are incredibly inflated. My best friends are also nurses who would agree. Hospitals got funding for covid based on deaths. It's a scam.

The information presented is clearly geared towards young families. We should never have shut down a single school when literally 300 kids, in the entire country, died of covid. The pain put on families having young children go through crucial learning years behind a screen, isolated, is unacceptable.

Excess deaths does not mean they died from covid. Additionally, I personally had a family friend pass away from a known health issue and they put cause of death COVID-19 on his death certificate. Those numbers are incredibly inflated. My best friends are also nurses who would agree. Hospitals got funding for covid based on deaths. It's a scam.

I can agree that selective individual stats are suspect. I'd agree that some were probably misattributed. At the same time, there was an increase in stuff like heart attacks. The theory is that people didn't want to go to the hospital or they couldn't get a hospital bed or the just didn't get proper care because of the increased load on hospitals. Regardless, it's likely a number of those deaths wouldn't have happened in previous years.

That's why the overall death toll is important. It's a reasonable estimate for how many more people died as either a direct or indirect cause of covid. It says a whole lot more people died in the last year than in previous years.

I think it's clear that we as a country did a crappy job handling the last year so I guess we can at least agree on that.

I can agree that selective individual stats are suspect. I'd agree that some were probably misattributed. At the same time, there was an increase in stuff like heart attacks. The theory is that people didn't want to go to the hospital or they couldn't get a hospital bed or the just didn't get proper care because of the increased load on hospitals. Regardless, it's likely a number of those deaths wouldn't have happened in previous years.

That's why the overall death toll is important. It's a reasonable estimate for how many more people died as either a direct or indirect cause of covid. It says a whole lot more people died in the last year than in previous years.

I think it's clear that we as a country did a crappy job handling the last year so I guess we can at least agree on that.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain your opinion. For me, it's incredibly disheartening to see children playing baseball with masks on. Which, I'm still seeing in Atlanta. Even though they aren't required now, I feel a large percentage of kids could be scared to not wear them. Imagine growing up like that, in fear of being around others. I'm angered because I see that stat and see that covid posed no real threat to young adults.

Have you attempted to read how that 'excess' death number was calculated? It is NOT...."The average number of deaths over the last 5 years was x. In 2020, we had x plus y deaths. Therefore y is the number of excess deaths." That of course would be far too simple and logical.
I'm serious though, if you can explain in English how it was calculated I'd love to hear it. I tried to decipher for a few minutes and gave up as it appeared clear to me it was statistical 'massaging' to reach a desired outcome at it's finest.

Have you attempted to read how that 'excess' death number was calculated? It is NOT...."The average number of deaths over the last 5 years was x. In 2020, we had x plus y deaths. Therefore y is the number of excess deaths." That of course would be far too simple and logical.
I'm serious though, if you can explain in English how it was calculated I'd love to hear it. I tried to decipher for a few minutes and gave up as it appeared clear to me it was statistical 'massaging' to reach a desired outcome at it's finest.

I do understand that it is confusing. I'll do my best to explain it, using round numbers and ballparks to get the gist of it...

If the number was what you said it's not, it would be much simpler, but less accurate.

Here's some of the problems:
- There is some uncertainty in each number. Data is collected from all over the country, errors are expected.
- There are trends to consider (for example deaths from violent crime decreasing). Heart attacks increasing. I don't know but I think you get the general idea.
- Then there are other factors that affect overall death toll like the fact that the population is increasing. The number of deaths in 2016 doesn't correlate to 2021 if we have a 5% population increase in that time.

If you just took the straight average from the last 5 yrs and compared it to 2021, the number of excess deaths would look WORSE than what they are showing, if for nothing else just due to population increases.

Basically, they are making an educated guess as to how many deaths should have been expected in 2021. They provide a range to account for the fact that it's a guess. They can't say there should have been 2.8M deaths in 2021 and be taken seriously. Instead, they say there should have been between 2.7M to 2.9M deaths in 2021.

Now, we know there were about 3.4M deaths in the last year. That means that the "excess deaths" are 500k to 700k. They use the midpoint of that to come up with 600k. (again, I'm just using round numbers here).

Like I've said before, you could take the low end estimate and then take it down another 20% just because... we'd still be at 400k deaths and that is way too many, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom