• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

303 jungle carbine wandering zero

Will give some of these a whirl and see if she tightens up. Would love to take a deer with it..but don't mind just having it for what it is as well. Thanks everyone!

wolfpenhiker,
very un-likely your problem is the crown causing that amount of keyholing. slug the barrel..... my bet is that it's either worn or over size..... not uncommon in war produced arms.
best of luck[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the info you gave to both of us. It's nice to learn something new and I'll slug it the next time I get back home.

Just read an interesting piece on the stocks of these rifles. They were soaked with linseed oil for protection from the elements and this in turn helped to bed the barrel.

- The furniture/stock has dried out ... Enfield rifles were treated with BLO ( Boiled Linseed Oil ) which was their natural and original finish. Over many years of sitting in storage the bedding on an Enfield can be completely altered from it's original state when it left factory or met last inspection. The receiver and barrel can often seem loose as a result of shrinkage. There are means and methods of fixing this and often times giving the stock a drink of Linseed Oil will allow it to return to it's former glory whereupon it will hug all its metal parts like it should. You will find that even this small act a benefit to your groups.

1485057499795-793122435.jpg

Back
Top Bottom