• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BO Powder

I am using CFE Black with 247gr cast projectiles, 1050 FPS, cycles just fine and locks back on an empty mag.
Barrel length? Pistol gas? Adjustable gas? Lightweight bolt? Light buffer spring?

Lots and lots of different configurations on the 300. What works on one will fail in another.

Ideally I would like to find a powder that will cycle the action on a pistol length gas , adjustable bcg AR and be acceptable in the bolt gun.

Barrel length? Pistol gas? Adjustable gas? Lightweight bolt? Light buffer spring?

Lots and lots of different configurations on the 300. What works on one will fail in another.
8.5" barrel, pistol gas, not adjustable, all standard full auto style bcg, it does have the JP silent captured spring with the lighter spring, it is the SBR'd lower for my 6.8. Been playing around with it, haven't worked out the perfect load yet but tested a string of 10.5gr and 11gr, both cycled fine, locked bolt back and were so quiet I could hear the bolt cycle, hear the bullet traveling to target and a smack when it hit the dirt behind the target. Not sure if I am comfortable shooting deer with a subsonic load or not but should be a good two legged critter stopper.

1680 is what I just picked up to try for subs.

CTS Tactical CTS Tactical are you using the NOE mold? if you have any other details of your setup I'd love to hear it. I've got an 8" barrel to build up (1:5 twist). plan to only shoot subs thru it and have the NOE 247gr mold to try.

(looks like you posted details of the build while I was typing my reply- thanks!)

Shooters World blackout powder. Burns clean, Cycles ARs with Pistol gas system utilizing the standard carbine spring and buffer. I have gotten 220gn as low as 850fps and still cycling.

Back
Top Bottom