• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BO Powder

1680 is what I just picked up to try for subs.

CTS Tactical CTS Tactical are you using the NOE mold? if you have any other details of your setup I'd love to hear it. I've got an 8" barrel to build up (1:5 twist). plan to only shoot subs thru it and have the NOE 247gr mold to try.

(looks like you posted details of the build while I was typing my reply- thanks!)
Yes, the NOE mold. 1:7 twist barrel. I haven't done a lot of testing. So far the upper has only had 15 rounds fired.

I've only ever used 1680 for subs.
A1680, H110 and Win 296 are all very close in burn rate. Any of them would work fine. I just happened to have the CFE Black and it was basically designed with the Blackout in mind. I was going to W296 next if it hadn't worked out since I use it in several pistol rounds.

A1680, H110 and Win 296 are all very close in burn rate. Any of them would work fine. I just happened to have the CFE Black and it was basically designed with the Blackout in mind. I was going to W296 next if it hadn't worked out since I use it in several pistol rounds.
That true? I use h110/296 for all might 110gr 300blk stuff and 1680 for the 200+ stuff. I thought they were miles apart

I use 2400 in my bolt gun. It can be used and will burn cleanly in just about every revolver, bolt, and lever action cartridge out there. It also works in the 9mm for heavy subs.

I do not think it would cycle an AR, not enough gas.

Here is a newer chart that shows the relationship of H110, W296, A1680 and CFE Blk. CFE Blk is the slowest of the four but very close to A1680.
Burn.JPG

my 300 bo is almost out of jail. i have a **** ton of imr 4198 to play with. thanks for the info.

Ive loaded everything from 155 sierra hpbts to 190 and various weight hornadys, and mainly lapua 220gr scenar l otm that I got on sale big time. I load 168s subsonic now that im out...with no issues. Cycles perfectly in my 10.5 noveske w/ aac sr7. LMK if you need specifics, I gotchu. 4198 is good stuff

Back
Top Bottom