• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.30 cal suppressors

JDG.

Default rank 5000+ posts
Silent Professional
165   0
Reaction score
Lets talk .30 cal cans. I already own a sdn-6 for my 300blk ar but now its time to look/shop for a lightweight .30 cal thread on for my Micro7. Lets talk about 16oz and under cans. Also if your a stocking dealer local to douglasville area pm me for some deals/pricing.

picture
AAC-Micro7.jpg

Are you ok with titanium and the issues associated with it? The only <16oz 308 cans I know of are ti. The yhm comes to mind. They just took a price increase though and that kinda kills some of the "awesome" deal it used to be.

Have you thought of using a pistol can and subs only on it? That'll stay good and light.
A mystic with a fixed mount would be under 16 and allow you to shoot supers too.

I have a ti-rant 9 already but dont really want to use it for this rifle as it sits full time in a 9mm sbr. What are the draw backs to ti besides not being able to do sustained fire, which the bolt wont do? I did notice the YHM went way up in price :(

A mystic isnt out of the question though, none of the liberty cans are

A lot of ti cans spark. Kinda kills the flash suppression.

If I were you I'd go mystic since you already have the sdn6. These are the under 16 oz 308 cans i can think of. The yhm ti, gt sandstorm, liberty victory and tbac 30p-1

tell me about a mystic wityh direct thread on adapter then, that might be my next can. Im talking about personal expierence, I can read other peopls thoughs online but like to hear from actual users

ablative sparking is common with certain ammo, atmospheric conditions and build quality. look at Thunderbeast Arms and the AWC THOR Ti. both are incredibly accurate cans with the highest build quality available.

tell me about a mystic wityh direct thread on adapter then, that might be my next can. Im talking about personal expierence, I can read other peopls thoughs online but like to hear from actual users

The mystic is just awesome in my opinion. The craftsmanship and engineering is amazing on it, you have to see them to appreciate it. Its got THE BEST sound on a 9mm that I've heard. Awesome on 22 and 300BLK as well. The SDN6 sounded better to me on the 300BLK to be honest though. But it was designed around that round, the mystic is a 9mm base.

With your current stable, the mystic would be my first choice hands down.

Heres a good video that shows the sparking of a Ti can. Skip to 3:08 and compare the signature of the QSM Ti can to the Surefire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystic would be sweet on that thing, light and can do sub and super .300 blackout.

I love my Cyclone for my threaded savage .308. Its hilariously quiet at the range compared to everyone else.

I'm excited about my HD9 though, just waiting on the paperwork and then I can pick it up from QRF!

Back
Top Bottom