• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 Silencer, which one?

Way back when I started down the rabbit hole it seemed most folks said they used their .22 suppressors more than any others. So that's what I did.

I've never had the desire to go for any other caliber but that's just me.

LOVE my 22 sparrow. Got it before the dead air mask came out. it would be between them two, i have no experience with the Mask but have heard good things about it

Dead air mask and AAC Element 2 are the kings of the rimfire suppressors when it comes to the polls, and for great reason, they are stupid quiet on both rifle and pistol hosts with no first round pop. But it all depends on what you want to do with it. I have the mask, it’s just as quiet on my 22/45 as it is on my 10/22. It really doesn’t take much to suppress a long barrel with rimfire, any cheap can will work, but on a pistol is where the best cans shine.

There are many other greats ones as well. Rugged, TBAC, Energetic, Q, Silencerco, Bowers, Sig, etc, all have great cans and some are better for different intended purposes. Just don’t get a cheap can to save a hundred bucks, you will surely regret it.

A second vote for the Spectre 2.

One of the biggest problems you see with 22 cans is them locking up due to fouling. For example, I have a 10/22 with the GemTech MIST integrally suppressed barrel. I have to break it loose every 50-100 rounds or so, and after I'm done shooting, or the tube will almost weld itself onto the baffle core. Last time this happened I had to send it back to GemTech to fix.

The way the Spectre is designed this is almost impossible. I've never had a single issue taking it down to clean, no matter how dirty it got. Plus it's a well made little can and it's backed by one of the larger companies, which is an important thing to consider as a lot of the smaller companies have been falling by the wayside.

Back
Top Bottom