• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 Silencer, which one?

Ok. Got the sparrow 22 home today. Ready to try it out. What is my best option for ammo that will be the quietest based on your experience?
what are you shooting it out of?

bolt gun or non semi automatic? most quiet is CCI Quiet. but it won't cycle semi automatic pistols/rifles
semi automatic rifle or pistol? if you can find it, CCI Quiet Semi
less than a 4.5" barrel? CCI standard velocity will stay sub sonic. Longer than a 4.5" barrel? it will still stay subsonic most of the time but it's definitely much louder compared to the CCI Quiet stuff (it's around 700-750fps vs 1050 for the CCI standard).

If it's shorter than 4.5" barrel, most of the bulk 22lr ammo will stay subsonic except things specifically high velocity. My favorite for most shooting where I'm not that concerned about sound but still want to shoot a lot and have decent accuracy is the Federal Auto Match bulk boxes (325 round for about $17 at Walmart).

I have the both of the .22 Q cans, any of you are welcome to try them if you want.

Q Erector
Q El Camino

IMO the El Camino wins due to ease of cleaning. The erector is awesome too just harder to clean, I actually use it the most, it’s under 2oz also

slight thread revival here...what are you using to clean your El Camino? I just put one in jail today. Q says don't use metal tools to clean the baffles...but they are stainless right? can I tumble them with no ill effect?

slight thread revival here...what are you using to clean your El Camino? I just put one in jail today. Q says don't use metal tools to clean the baffles...but they are stainless right? can I tumble them with no ill effect?
The el Camino is easy, anything you want, I use “the dip”. The erector on the other hand, I shoot it with ablative and it cleans itself

Back
Top Bottom